When someone names their product, “The Best Glue Ever” you just GOTTA try it. I was offered a bottle to try out, and while I’m not sure it’s actually the best glue ever, it really is a handy adhesive to have on your worktable.
So let’s see what the website has to say:
The â€˜Quick-Stickâ€™ for Paper and Embellishments
- The quick stick for paper and small embellishments such as gems & jewels, buttons, beads, sequins, charms, punched shapes, and glitter.
- Apply to variety of materials including paper, plastic, metal, ceramic, fabric, foam, wood and rubber
- Dires fast, clear and flexible with a super strong bond
- Use sparingly!
- Bonds paper to paper in seconds without wrinkling.Â One bottle lasts and lasts!
- Thin writing tip for detail applications including glitter, micro-beads, flock and other bling
- Re-positionable or permanent applications
- Does not bleed through ribbon
- Make homemade â€œGlue Spotsâ€
- Web glue cleans up with soap and water.Â Dried glue is permanent & washable on fabric.
- Acid-free, non-toxic, non-stringy, no fumes, no odor
So, as always, I started out by opening the container and making a glue puddle on my worksurface. True to the description, there is really no odor. Such a nice change from some of stinky glues I work with! The viscosity of this glue is high- it’s really thick.I’d say it was thicker than honey. (Unless you find the semi-crystallized stuff in my cabinet. Yeah, it’s like that.)
I started off by trying out using The Best Glue Ever (TBGE) with a quilling project. I used a toothpick to apply the glue to the end of the roll to hold the coil together. I made a number of elements, then started to glue them down to a tag, also using TBGE. I couldn’t figure out why the coils were still wet, even though they had a number of hours to dry.
OH. Here we go again. It’s not a glue that dries to the touch (much like the Precision Point Adhesive Pen that I reviewed yesterday.) Instead, this glue stays tacky after it “dries”- it starts off opaque white when wet, then goes clear- and tacky- when dry.
I quickly abandoned the quilling project (FAIL!)Â and moved on to using the glue as a wet/dry adhesive.
First, I used it to adhere some scrapbook cardstock to a MDF frame and let it dry overnight. To my delight, it held very well with no wrinkling of the paper. How many wet adhesives can claim that? Here’s my piece in progress:
I tried you use TBGE for the rick-rack trim…and that was another massive “fail.” It seeped up and around the trim, making it sticky and gross. I would not use it for fabric trim again!
Now on to the “use as a duo adhesive portion of our review. I laid out 4 lines of TBGE and let it dry on cardstock. When it dried (turned clear) I added foil, flocking, glitter, and FlowerSoft. Look how it turned out:
This is probably my favorite use for this glue. I love the idea of making my holiday cards and adding all the glue…then letting it dry…and THEN adding the glitter. It’s a great way to cut down on the mess and accidental smudging!
Let’s break it down into Pros & Cons…
- Doesn’t wrinkle paper
- Nice thickness when wet
- Good “grab”
- Fabulous for foiling, dry glittering, etc.
- You must be super careful- any mistakes will cause a tacky mess
- Not good for quilling! ; )
- Nozzle clogged on my a number of times
- Hard to wash off hands.
The bottle retails for $5.99, which is an OK price point considering it’s versatility. The bottom line? It’s not really the best glue ever, but it’s a good one to have around.
Feel free to leave your comments- I always like to hear about your experiences!
- NYC Craft Shopping and Haul (plus some chit-chat) - August 15, 2017
- DIY Quilled Paper Flower Embellishments - August 11, 2017
- Nine Easy Gel Printing Techniques for Beginners! - August 2, 2017
- Tuesday Morning Craft Haul- July 2017 - July 27, 2017
- Review and Demo of Sign Brush Felt Tip Markers from Pentel Arts - July 22, 2017
- Mixed Media Paper Feathers - July 18, 2017
- Organizing Distress Stain Ink Pads - July 14, 2017
- Review and demo of On Point Glue from Imagine Crafts - July 12, 2017
- Magic-Glos UV Curing Resin by Lisa Pavelka - July 6, 2017
- “Firecracker” Rice Treat Pops - July 4, 2017