I really enjoy adding texture and patterns to my mixed-media projects- and Melt Art Texture Treads from Ranger Industries does just that. While they were designed to be used with UTEE (ultra thick embossing enamels,) they can be used on so much more. Let’s take a look!
Here’s how they are described on the Ranger Ink website:
But of course, you have to experiment and test it out, right? So I played with the Texture Treads for a solid afternoon. I made you a video so you can see the samples I made, as well as hear how I made them.
And here are some still photos:
And of course, I made a few items incorporating my samples:
I found Texture Treads to be incredibly useful. I like the embossed and debossed mirror images, I like the deep etching, I like the patterns. And at about $8.00, it’s a good price. (Block mounted rubber stamps of this size will run you about three times that much.) I hope they continue to come out with new patterns now that I’ve thought of so many ways to use them!
Disclosure: samples provided for review purposes.
If you’d like to purchase Melt Art supplies from Ranger Ink, please support CTD and use our affiliate links:
- Modern Crafts + Activism - June 22, 2017
- Jewelry Tutorial: Making a Resin Pride Pin - June 13, 2017
- “Distress Oxide” technique using Fireworks Ink Sprays - May 31, 2017
- Coastal Texture Paint Review and Demo - May 23, 2017
- Shell Treasure Box DIY - May 19, 2017
- Last-Minute Mother’s Day Gifts! - May 11, 2017
- Brit & Co Craft Kits Now at Target! - May 5, 2017
- Pebeo Paints Part 2: Fantasy Paints (Prisme & Moon) - May 2, 2017
- Show and Share: Eastern Palace Premiere Bundle from Stampin’ UP! - April 28, 2017
- Pebeo Liquid Oil Paints- Part 1: Vitrail, Opale, and Ceramic - April 25, 2017