I really enjoy adding texture and patterns to my mixed-media projects- and Melt Art Texture Treads from Ranger Industries does just that. While they were designed to be used with UTEE (ultra thick embossing enamels,) they can be used on so much more. Let’s take a look!
Here’s how they are described on the Ranger Ink website:
But of course, you have to experiment and test it out, right? So I played with the Texture Treads for a solid afternoon. I made you a video so you can see the samples I made, as well as hear how I made them.
And here are some still photos:
And of course, I made a few items incorporating my samples:
I found Texture Treads to be incredibly useful. I like the embossed and debossed mirror images, I like the deep etching, I like the patterns. And at about $8.00, it’s a good price. (Block mounted rubber stamps of this size will run you about three times that much.) I hope they continue to come out with new patterns now that I’ve thought of so many ways to use them!
Disclosure: samples provided for review purposes.
If you’d like to purchase Melt Art supplies from Ranger Ink, please support CTD and use our affiliate links:
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018