This kit consists of pre-cut paper forms in three sizes and four colors: light pink, dark pink, ivory, and white. There are also green flowers on each page, too, to help you round out your design. (There are other Spiral Roses kits in different colorways available, too- just check the site.)
This is SO easy and simple- punch the shape out of the sheet and quill! The paper is also printed on both sides, so it doesn’t matter which way you twirl.
It really is easy. Place the “tail” of the spiral in the quilling tool, and twist loosely.
Remove from the quilling tool, and let it unwind a bit. Then add a dab of glue to keep it secure.
Just for hoots, I sprayed some spirals with Radiant Rains shimmer spray before I punched them out. I let them dry thoroughly before quilling them, and it added a wonderful shine. I also applied some Powder Puff chalking inks to some of the edges- again, I loved the results and the paper took the media well.
You can add extra dimension to you roses by using your quilling tool to bend over the petals a bit, or smish them a little with your hand.
I make a little note card and added some spiral roses. I added some Distress Stickles in Frosted Lace to the edges:
I then made a little sweet tag with my flowers:
(More LuminArt Radiant Rains were used on the plain white tag, too.)
This kit retails for just under $10 USD and makes 120 roses and includes 80 leaves! That’s a lot of goodie for the buck, especially if you don’t want to invest in dies. I’d certainly recommend this kit as an add-on for the Beginner’s Kit since it doesn’t take any advanced technique, or as a fun project for a birthday, wedding, or Valentine’s project!
How would you use these sweet little roses?
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017