This kit consists of pre-cut paper forms in three sizes and four colors: light pink, dark pink, ivory, and white. There are also green flowers on each page, too, to help you round out your design. (There are other Spiral Roses kits in different colorways available, too- just check the site.)
This is SO easy and simple- punch the shape out of the sheet and quill! The paper is also printed on both sides, so it doesn’t matter which way you twirl.
It really is easy. Place the “tail” of the spiral in the quilling tool, and twist loosely.
Remove from the quilling tool, and let it unwind a bit. Then add a dab of glue to keep it secure.
Just for hoots, I sprayed some spirals with Radiant Rains shimmer spray before I punched them out. I let them dry thoroughly before quilling them, and it added a wonderful shine. I also applied some Powder Puff chalking inks to some of the edges- again, I loved the results and the paper took the media well.
You can add extra dimension to you roses by using your quilling tool to bend over the petals a bit, or smish them a little with your hand.
I make a little note card and added some spiral roses. I added some Distress Stickles in Frosted Lace to the edges:
I then made a little sweet tag with my flowers:
(More LuminArt Radiant Rains were used on the plain white tag, too.)
This kit retails for just under $10 USD and makes 120 roses and includes 80 leaves! That’s a lot of goodie for the buck, especially if you don’t want to invest in dies. I’d certainly recommend this kit as an add-on for the Beginner’s Kit since it doesn’t take any advanced technique, or as a fun project for a birthday, wedding, or Valentine’s project!
How would you use these sweet little roses?
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018