Inkadinkado just has a TON of papercrafting goodness- today I’m going to review a few of the wood-mounted stamps in the “Sketches” collection. This particular line features wood-mounted rubber stamps, with realistic scenes that look hand-drawn. They are wonderful for a bunch of media, and I couldn’t wait to try them out.
Because alcohol markers are all the rage right now, I decided to try out the Sand Castle Stamp on matte cardstock. I stamped it using the Memento pad in Tuxedo Black by Tsukineko.
What a nice, crisp image! Here’s how it looked when I finished coloring it with Prismacolor Premier Art Markers.
Here’s another sweet stamp- Wild Berries. Here, I used those same Prismacolor markers, but this time I worked on glossy cardstock:
Lastly, I decided to heat-emboss the Wild Berry & use some sprays as a resist.
Hmmmm. Just as I thought. The fine “sketchy” nature really loses something when you try to emboss with them. I suppose if you REALLY want to, you could use a fine detail stamp pad and fine detail embossing powder.
So, looking back over the stamps I have and the techniques I tried, I have to say that the hand coloring or watercoloring is my favorite effect. They really are lovely stamps, and cost between $8-12.00 depending on size. The only drawback is that these are wood-mounted stamps and they do take up quite a bit of space. However, they are so lovely, I think you should put them out on a shelf where you can enjoy them!
Would you like a set of Sketches Wood Mount Stamps like the ones I used here? We’re having a giveaway! Simply leave a comment telling me what technique YOU like to use with rubber stamps, and I’ll choose a winner on Monday, May 16th around 9 AM EDT. US residents, only please! Good luck!
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018