So many of us like the look of stitching on our paper crafts….but it can be tricky to get that look “right”- uneven stitches, problems piercing the paper, inability to make those cool designs. Now, though, there is a cool tool on the block from We R Memory Keepers- the Sew Easy Stitch Piercing Tool that make it tons easier to add that special touch.
Let’s give it the CraftTestDummies once-over and see how it really works!
To use the product successfully, you MUST have both the Paper Piercing Tool and the Pink Piercing Mat. (WARNING: If you try to use the tool without the mat, you’ll break off the plastic spines in the roller!)
The tool itself is made of plastic and has 2 parts- the handle and the piercing roller. It comes with a straight line for creating french knots, a running stitch, or backstitch.
To use the tool, you position a piece of paper on top of the mat and apply pressure to the handle while rolling the tool forward or backward. The spines in the roller will pierce the paper and get it ready for you to sew with a needle and floss.
The big question in my mind was “What kind of papers will it work with?” First try with with scrapbook-weight paper, and that was easy-peasy.
So I gave it a good work out on some other papers, as well:
What I found is that thinner paper works best, especially with more complex patterns. Now, after I tested the tool, I actually got to do some stitching! I used the Sew Easy Needles and the Sew Easy Floss. Both were high-quality and easy to use- and certainly on par with other flosses I’ve used from big-name companies. (Oh, and their baker’s twine is super-cute, too.)
I really liked that there were diagrams on the package to show you the ways you can use the pierced holes to make a different stitching patters. Here’s how my stitching samples turned out.
You may notice that I did end up stiching on the sheep of Foamies. While it did NOT pierce the Foam all the way through, it left deep enough indents so that I could use a regular embroidery needle to follow the pattern. Fun, right?
I used the Sew Easy Paper Piercer to embellish a simple thank you card.
I’m excited to play with it more and add cool stitching to my cards, tags, and scrapbook pages.
What ways could you use the Sew-Easy Paper Piercer?
Disclosure: Tool Provided by ConsumerCrafts.com for review purposes.
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018