I love the Craft and Hobby Association tradeshows because we get to see the new, cool and often innovative craft products. Scrapbooking Attitude by Avatrex was once such cool innovative product.
Originally Scrapbooking Attitude was conceived as a product to be used to apply decals to white athletic shoes- no kidding! (I have the original YouTube video on that right here.) However, as the product made the rounds it became clear that it could be used for so much more than just tennis shoes- so Iwas re-branded into the current state.
Here’s some of the information I found on the website that I thought would be helpful even before we got started:
What is Scrapbooking Attitude™?
Scrapbooking Attitude™ is neither a paper nor a T-shirt transfer material. Scrapbooking Attitude™ is a new, patented technology that allows your printed ink jet image to be separated from the original paper carrier and transported to a separate surface to become part of that new surface.What is it made from?Scrapbooking Attitude™ is a high quality ink jet coating much like the coating you might find on professional digital photographic paper. The difference is that now you can actually ‘remove’ the coating [post printing] and transport that coating and image to a new surface.Is it acid free?Yes, acid-free, PVC-free, water resistant after being applied, smear-proof and UV resistant, which means that it won’t fade under lighting or yellow over time.
How do you apply it?Depending upon the surface you want to decorate, you can use an adhesive (glue stick), or heat and pressure (household iron or desktop laminator).Is it permanent?Yes, if you want it to be, by using glue. No, if you want to be able to remove it, use an iron or laminator).To what types of surfaces can you transport Scrapbooking Attitude™?Paper, cardstock, chipboard, fabric, felt, ribbon, metal, plastic, leather, wood and more!Can I use my die-cutter and punches with it?Yes! Scissors, craft knives, die and electronic cutters and punches all work well with Scrapbooking Attitude™!What is the most exciting thing about Scrapbooking Attitude™?You can create your own expensive-looking canvas prints by wrapping the flexible, printed Scrapbooking Attitude™ around chipboard, canvas board and even stretched canvas.
- Easy to use- print, glue, stick.
- Works well on non-traditional surfaces.
- Forgiving- make a mistake, peel it off and do it again.
- UV protection to image.
- Did not work at all with an iron (which was advertised on the packaging.)
- Not necessarily permanent- don’t pick at it!
- Not suitable for active wearables- may be OK on a jacket, but not so much for t-shirts, onesies, etc.
- Pricey- $11.99 USD per pack of 6, or $2.00 per sheet.
At the end of the day, I can definitely see myself using it for wood and canvas as part of mixed-media works- and I DO have a tutorial coming up soon.
How about you? What might you do with this product?
Disclosure: Sample provided for review purposes. All opinions are honest and my own.
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017