This is one of the “new”products from CHA Summer 2011 that really got my wheels turning. It was designed to be an ergonomic way of working on your scrapbook pages (and a nifty way to display them) but in my opinion, the Scrap N Easel is a great tool for any crafter and a “must-have” for Activity Professionals and Recreation / Art Therapists everywhere. But I’m getting ahead of myself. Let’s meet the Scrap N Easel, shall we?
What the Scrap N Easel is:
Portfolio Style, Magnetic, Double Paper Craft EaselDESCRIPTION:
- Folding Portfolio Style Paper Craft Easel
- Ideal for Scrapbooking, Card Making & Other Paper Crafts
- Double – Two 12″x12″ Working Surfaces
- Magnetic Work Surface
- Two Removable 12″x12″ Grids (Work On Two Pages Or Projects Simultaneously)
- Extremely Portable (Weighs only 4.3 pounds)
- 1 Scrap’n Easel
- 16 Super Strong Neodimyum Magnets
- 1 Flexible Magnetic Ruler
- 2 (sets) Velcro Closures
- Dimensions – 12.25″ x 12.25″ x .5″
- WeightÂ – 4.3 pounds
The Scrap N Easel is really compact when it’s all folded up, so it’s highly portable and very storable. To use it, you’ll need to open the stand and pop the reinforcing flaps into place.
You can also flip it around, and PRESTO- it becomes a display board for your artwork!
Use it as an “extra hand.” Great for hospitals, nursing homes, schools, etc!
The little (but ridiculously strong) magnets that come with the kit hold your artwork securely and don’t detract from the art.Â It’s a great way to put up your works in progress, step back, and assess what you might (or might not) need to do next.But what excites me about this product is not what paper crafters can do with it- it’s what EVERYONE can do with it!
Put up your jewelry to show off or photograph.
Put up some quilt blocks for a better look…
IÂ Â could go on and on. Now for the nitty -gritty: the Scrap N Easel isn’t cheap- it runs $79.99, but is currently on sale for $67.99. However, if you do a lot of crafting, it could save you quite a bit in chiropracter’s bills and pain killers. And if you are an art therapist, rec therapist, etc- it will serve double duty as both a workstation AND and a display easel. Well worth the money, in my opinion.
I’d be happy to hear your thoughts, as well!
Disclosure- sample provided for review.
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017
- Three Washi Tape Card Ideas - October 19, 2017
- Crafty Travel: Inside John Lewis in London, UK - October 17, 2017
- Alcohol Inks on Acetate- Greeting Cards Three Ways! - September 28, 2017
- Digitizing Your Die Cuts with Cricut Design Space! - September 19, 2017