This is one of the “new”products from CHA Summer 2011 that really got my wheels turning. It was designed to be an ergonomic way of working on your scrapbook pages (and a nifty way to display them) but in my opinion, the Scrap N Easel is a great tool for any crafter and a “must-have” for Activity Professionals and Recreation / Art Therapists everywhere. But I’m getting ahead of myself. Let’s meet the Scrap N Easel, shall we?
What the Scrap N Easel is:
Portfolio Style, Magnetic, Double Paper Craft EaselDESCRIPTION:
- Folding Portfolio Style Paper Craft Easel
- Ideal for Scrapbooking, Card Making & Other Paper Crafts
- Double – Two 12″x12″ Working Surfaces
- Magnetic Work Surface
- Two Removable 12″x12″ Grids (Work On Two Pages Or Projects Simultaneously)
- Extremely Portable (Weighs only 4.3 pounds)
- 1 Scrap’n Easel
- 16 Super Strong Neodimyum Magnets
- 1 Flexible Magnetic Ruler
- 2 (sets) Velcro Closures
- Dimensions – 12.25″ x 12.25″ x .5″
- WeightÂ – 4.3 pounds
The Scrap N Easel is really compact when it’s all folded up, so it’s highly portable and very storable. To use it, you’ll need to open the stand and pop the reinforcing flaps into place.
You can also flip it around, and PRESTO- it becomes a display board for your artwork!
Use it as an “extra hand.” Great for hospitals, nursing homes, schools, etc!
The little (but ridiculously strong) magnets that come with the kit hold your artwork securely and don’t detract from the art.Â It’s a great way to put up your works in progress, step back, and assess what you might (or might not) need to do next.But what excites me about this product is not what paper crafters can do with it- it’s what EVERYONE can do with it!
Put up your jewelry to show off or photograph.
Put up some quilt blocks for a better look…
IÂ Â could go on and on. Now for the nitty -gritty: the Scrap N Easel isn’t cheap- it runs $79.99, but is currently on sale for $67.99. However, if you do a lot of crafting, it could save you quite a bit in chiropracter’s bills and pain killers. And if you are an art therapist, rec therapist, etc- it will serve double duty as both a workstation AND and a display easel. Well worth the money, in my opinion.
I’d be happy to hear your thoughts, as well!
Disclosure- sample provided for review.
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing and Giveaway! - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018