I’ve been a fan of polymer clay for a long time. But what do you do if you don’t have an oven to cure it, or you want a piece that is super lightweight? Use air-dry or so-called “paper” clays. Today I’m trying out once such clay- Puffy Putty by ColorSplashfor S&S Worldwide.
Here’s how it’s described on the website:
Paint it, shape it, bounce it or stretch it! Use our amazing new Puffy PuttyÂ® modeling material to mold all kinds of craft creations that can be sculpted, air-dried and painted. Kids may even enjoy just the feel of it in their hands — simply return Puffy PuttyÂ® to its airtight container so it won’t dry out. Exclusively from Color Splash!Â® 24-oz. jar. Non-toxic.
Today was one of those days that I felt it was easier to show-and-tell you about this product, so I made you this video:
Here are those detail shots I promised:
So, just a few points to recap:
- great value compared to popular name brands
- Â air dries
- minimal shrinkage
- use with molds, stamps, and hand sculpting
- lightweight when dry
- can be colored with a variety of media
- it’s a little sticky (use a powder like pigments or baby powder to keep it from sticking)
- water-based product means DON’T add water or used watercolors on it- it gets slimy!
- available only online
That’s about it! If you’d like to WIN 2 tubs of Puffy Putty, please visit our Giveaway post by Saturday, April 21st by 9AM EDT! Good Luck!
Disclosure: sample provided for review.
If you’d like to purchase Puffy Putty, please support CTD by using our affiliate links:
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018