Prima Marketing has been synonymous with gorgeous flowers, blingy rhinestone embellishments, and mistable resistant canvas. Now they have really rounded out their product offerings (along with lovely scrapbook papers) with clear stamps andÂ rubber stamps.
Prima has really put on a show with all of the lines they’ve come out with- Ruby Violet, foam stamps designed by Donna Downey, sets that come with crystals…but today I’m going to speak only to the smaller clear stamps and the larger cling mount rubber stamps.
The former are thin, flexible clear stamps. You remove the acrylic sheet from the bottom to use them. It seems like you should peel off the clear acrylic off of the top, as well, and mount it to a clear acrylic block. However, I tried to pull it off- and it wouldn’t come free. Rather than risking tearing the stamp, I simply placed the stamp on my surface and pressed a clear block on top, then carefully lifted it off.
I love this one- it’s perfect for signing the back of ATC’s, creating journaling blocks, and dressing up envelopes.
Now let’s take a look at the foam-topped rubber stamps. The top is a thin layer of foam with the image printed on it. When you flip it over, however, it’s just like a traditional rubber stamp.
These are nice, deeply-etched rubber stamps that would be lovely for polymer clay or fusing hot-fix fibers.
Since the profile is still quite slim, it’s easy to get your fingers inky if you dab the stamp into the pad. To avoid this, flip the stamp over onto the table and then pat the stamp pad on top to ink it up. No more messy fingers!
I can’t wait to see what Prima will come up with next!
Disclosure: sample provided for review.
If you are considering purchasing Prima stamps, I hope you’ll use my affiliate link:
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018