Here on CraftTestDummies we’ve been systematically going through the new “CraftGeek” line of Crafty Tools by Purple Cows. Today we kick the tires on “Pin It“- a tool for attaching decorative staples anywhere on your page.
“Pin It” is described on the website like this:
- CraftGeek Pin It magnetic alignment system makes it easy to add a metal embellishment anywhere on the page
- Can be used with paper, cardstock, vellum, ribbon, fabric or craft foam
- Pin It Pins are available separately in 5 styles
- Transparent plate and magnetic alignment for easy pin placement
The set includes the 2-piece unit and 5 pins to get you started.
If you can see, there are 4 magnets that align so that there is only ONE way that you can put it together- very nice for craft test dummies like me- and yet you can position the tool anywhere on your project.
Then you lower the “lid”, press down, and presto! Pretty pin placed perfectly!
The amount of force you need to place the pin is about that of using a paper punch- maybe even a bit less. It’s designed to press down with the palm of your hand, so you don’t have to worry about hand strength or fine-motor coordination. My first-grader had enough strength to place the pin.
Of course, the next thing to do was to try it on various materials.
The Pin It is very easy to use and I foresee using it to attach fun items into my home-made Smash-type book- so much more decorative and fun then just stapleing.
I found it online at the Purple Cows website, and retails for $14.95 USD. Pins come in 5 styles: Spring, Summer, Solstice, Winter, and Fall- and they come in a pack of 20 for $4.95 USD. (Each pack as a variety of copper, silver, and gold finishes.) I really, really, really hope that they will expand the pin styles and include some pewter, black, and white finishes. If they do, they will find a repeat customer in me for sure!
Disclosure: Sample provided for review purposes.
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018