With all of the concern with allergies and the environment, the paints and inks that crafters use have come under scrutiny. Do you know what’s in the inks you use? I sure don’t- at least until I met Julia Andrus and got to know her company, EcoGreen Crafts. (I wrote a review of her acrylic paints earlier.)
Julia suffered a “nasty” form of cancer, and she and her doctor concurred that part of what was exacerbating her health issues was the toxins in the paints and inks she was exposed to long term. This led her to develop crafting products that were safe for humans and the Earth, and thus EcoGreen Crafts was born.
Today I’m reviewing the Paris Trunk eco-friendly dye based artist ink pads. Here’s the description from the website:
â€¢ Ergonomically shaped pad for comfort and control (patent pending)
â€¢ Ink Pad measures 4 Â¼â€ x 2 Â¾â€
â€¢ Safe, acid free non-toxic formula
â€¢ Rich, vibrant fade resistant colors
â€¢ Use on porous surfaces
â€¢ Fast drying
â€¢ CERTIFIED ECO-FRIENDLY
â€¢ Conforms to ASTM, D-4236 and D-2369
These pads are one of the largest sizes I’ve seen on the market, and are about 3 3/4 inches wide and 2 1/4 inches wide. The oval shape fits nicely in the hand, and the linen texture of the stamp pad surface wicks the ink up really well. And these stamp pads are juicy. And I mean REALLY juicy!
Next, I did some swatch texts on different papers so you could see how the color holds up. Since this is a dye-based ink, you get a certain amount of transparency- that is, the color of the paper will show through a bit.
These stamp pads are very reasonably priced at $5.75 USD each. (Compare this to Distress Inks, which are $4 each and about half the size.) And if you buy from the website, you can buy 7 and get 3 free, using the code on the page.
I love Julia’s passion and her mission to make crafting safe- and these inks are a great addition to my crafting arsenal!
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018