With shimmering sprays, juicy stamp pads and mixed media being all the rage nowadays, it would stand to reason that someone would come up with a paper that is meant to highlight these products. LuminArte by Creative Imaginations has done just that with a line of pre-embossed papers!
I couldn’t find an online description of it anywhere- but essentially it’s midweight cardstock- some designs are even double-sided- that have a thick “embossed” pattern that is slick and shiny. It will resist liquid and powdered media, while the “unvarnished” or plain areas absorb it.
With a product like this, I thought it would just be easier to show you. Here’s a demo video:
And here’s a still shot of those swatches again:
I love the way you can blend the colors on these papers with a baby wipe. And it works equally well with wet or dry media.
I tookÂ some of the Paint It Papers and made a little notebook album. I used a paper trimmer, Sizzix die, and hand punches. All cut through the paper easily and cleanly.
So here’s the bottom line- for under $2 USD a sheet, it would be well worth to have some of these papers on hand for when you want to customize a project. Sure, you could emboss your own- but these are large-scale prints perfect for 12X12 layouts and frankly it’s worth the time you save.
It might be challenging to find them in brick-and-morter stores- so make sure you request them at your Local Scrapbook Store if you don’t see them there.
How would YOU use the Paint It Papers?
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018