With shimmering sprays, juicy stamp pads and mixed media being all the rage nowadays, it would stand to reason that someone would come up with a paper that is meant to highlight these products. LuminArte by Creative Imaginations has done just that with a line of pre-embossed papers!
I couldn’t find an online description of it anywhere- but essentially it’s midweight cardstock- some designs are even double-sided- that have a thick “embossed” pattern that is slick and shiny. It will resist liquid and powdered media, while the “unvarnished” or plain areas absorb it.
With a product like this, I thought it would just be easier to show you. Here’s a demo video:
And here’s a still shot of those swatches again:
I love the way you can blend the colors on these papers with a baby wipe. And it works equally well with wet or dry media.
I tookÂ some of the Paint It Papers and made a little notebook album. I used a paper trimmer, Sizzix die, and hand punches. All cut through the paper easily and cleanly.
So here’s the bottom line- for under $2 USD a sheet, it would be well worth to have some of these papers on hand for when you want to customize a project. Sure, you could emboss your own- but these are large-scale prints perfect for 12X12 layouts and frankly it’s worth the time you save.
It might be challenging to find them in brick-and-morter stores- so make sure you request them at your Local Scrapbook Store if you don’t see them there.
How would YOU use the Paint It Papers?
- NYC Craft Shopping and Haul (plus some chit-chat) - August 15, 2017
- DIY Quilled Paper Flower Embellishments - August 11, 2017
- Nine Easy Gel Printing Techniques for Beginners! - August 2, 2017
- Tuesday Morning Craft Haul- July 2017 - July 27, 2017
- Review and Demo of Sign Brush Felt Tip Markers from Pentel Arts - July 22, 2017
- Mixed Media Paper Feathers - July 18, 2017
- Organizing Distress Stain Ink Pads - July 14, 2017
- Review and demo of On Point Glue from Imagine Crafts - July 12, 2017
- Magic-Glos UV Curing Resin by Lisa Pavelka - July 6, 2017
- “Firecracker” Rice Treat Pops - July 4, 2017