It’s no secret that I love stamps, so when I opened my box of products from Summer CHA to review, I was super happy to see stamps in the box! Â At first glance, these stamps called My Stamp Box might appear to be just another brand of your ordinary photopolymer stamps. Â But they’re not. Â The name is a clue…and the packaging for these stamps is very cleverly designed!
Let me demonstrate. Â When you open the package, you have a clear CD-like jewel case, and inside is a sheet of acrylic stamps. Â On the inside of the CD case are black line-images of each of the stamps. Â The idea is that you open the CD case flip it around, and it stands open…the first time you use your stamps, you remove them from the sheet they come on, stick them on top of their corresponding images on the CD case, which is where they will forevermore be stored – but also where they will stand open, ready to be used when you want to use them! Â How clever is that?!
I loved that once I had put all of the stamps in place, they were right there, waiting for me, and thanks to the black line images, I could see clearly what each image was. Â I have MANY different kinds of acrylic and rubber cling stamps – and have tried many different storage solutions (including CD cases) – but had never come across something like this before – and I have to say, I quite liked it!
I also stamped several using the new Limited Edition Fall Distress Inks onto vintage dictionary paper, colored them in using an ink blending tool with the same inks, and cut them out to make this card.
This Leaves set retails for $15.99 U.S. and the same Canadian at the moment. Â (Did I mention that My Stamp Box is a Canadian-based company?) Â Overall, I love the design, love the storage…I think the stamps are great. Â They have a focus on scrapbooking-themed stamp sets, but lots of the stamps could also be used for cards or other projects. Â They are definitely worth checking out and asking your local retailer to carry for you!
Disclosure: Sample provided for review.
- Craft Product Review: Royal & Langnickel Soft Grip Paintbrushes - September 3, 2012
- Craft Fave: My Mind’s Eye – Follow Your Heart: Be Happy - August 27, 2012
- Craft Product Review: ScrapBands - June 26, 2012
- Getting Inky: A Comparison Of Color Sprays, Spray Inks and Mists - June 14, 2012
- Craft Product Review: Scissor Mouse by Westcott - May 14, 2012
- Craft Product Review: Spectrum Noir Markers from Crafter’s Companion - May 10, 2012
- Craft Product Review: Decou-Page by DecoArt - April 17, 2012
- Craft Product Review: Liquid Pearls by Ranger - April 3, 2012
- Kids Craft Product Review: Glam Art kits by Dot Art - March 15, 2012
- Kids Craft Product Review: Do-A-Dot Art Markers from DotArt - March 12, 2012