Ok, so yesterday you read my love-note to Mod Podge. But did you know that Mod Podge comes in other formulations?? Well, it does, and today we’re going to talk about Mod Podge Shimmer!Â It come in both GOLD and SILVER, and will really transform how you look at good-old MP!
First, let’s talk about the way MP Shimmer is the same:
- It’s a glue, a finish, and a sealer
- It has a mild, distinctive odor.
- Has a tendency to show brushmarks. (Use a sponge-type brush to help this.)
- Has the viscosity of honey.
- Can be tacky to the touch when it dries. (But a quick coat of clear acrylic spray remedies this.)
- Non-toxic, safe for the kids.
- Works on any porous surface- paper, wood, cardboard, chipboard, fabric, cork, and more!
- Starts off opaque, but dries clear.
So why do you need MP Shimmer? Because it has just the right amount of shimmer and shine, without being overly noticible or glitzy. (There’s a different Mod Podge for that!) Take a look at my swatch video to see what I’m talking about:
See? Shimmer. LOVE IT! So….how would you use it? Well, I’ve got a few ideas…
You can also use Mod Podge Shimmer as an accent paint. After coating these Dover images with Matte Mod Podge to seal, I added Gold Shimmer as a paint, just to make some of the accents stand out.
For more about the full Mod Podge line and itâ€™s history, visit PlaidOnline. I also have to give a shout-out to one of my blog heroes:Â Amy of Â ModPodgeRocks fameâ€¦sheâ€™s always got great projects up! And sheâ€™s generous, too! Sheâ€™s sponsoring a GIVEAWAY!
Just leave a comment on this post telling us what you would use MP Shimmer on,Â and weâ€™ll draw a lucky winner to receive some Shimmer Mod Podge to play with! Weâ€™ll draw a name on Monday, 10/18/10. (And hereâ€™s a little insider tip- weâ€™re giving Mod Podge goodies away all week!!! Come back every day for a chance to win!)
Thanks for reading, but this giveaway is CLOSED. Please read HERE for the winners!
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017
- Stampin’ Blends from Stamin’ UP Review and Demo - November 21, 2017
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017