Um, OK. So in the past few days I’ve shared my unabashed love for Mod Podge (satin and glossy), shared my new appreciation for Mod Podge Shimmer and now….buckle your seat belt…there’s GLITTER MP, too!
It has a lot in common with it’s other Mod Podge bretheren. Just to recap:
- Itâ€™s a glue, a finish, and a sealer
- It has a mild, distinctive odor.
- Has a tendency to show brushmarks. (Use a sponge-type brush to help this.)
- Has the viscosity of honey.
- Can be tacky to the touch when it dries. (But a quick coat of clear acrylic spray remedies this.)
- Non-toxic, safe for the kids.
- Works on any porous surface- paper, wood, cardboard, chipboard, fabric, cork, and more!
- Starts off opaque, but dries clear.
I’m guessing I don’t even need to TELL you how great it is to have the glitter built right into Mod Podge- it eliminates a whole step! And the more layers you put on, the greater the glitter-factor. Check out this video to see how it looks on different papers:
Good stuff!! I think Mod Podge Glitter is a MUST for the winter holidays- it’ll be so great for decoupaged ornaments, accents on scrapbook pages, and more! Here’s a wooden star I painted with one coat of Gesso and TWO coats of Glitter MP….
For more about the full Mod Podge line and itâ€™s history, visit PlaidOnline. And don’t forget my gal Amy of Â ModPodgeRocks â€¦sheâ€™s always got great projects up! And sheâ€™s generous, too! Sheâ€™s sponsoring our GIVEAWAY!
Just leave a comment on this post telling us what you would use MP GLITTER on,Â and weâ€™ll draw a lucky winner to receive some GLITTER Mod Podge to play with! Weâ€™ll draw a name on Monday, 10/18/10. (And hereâ€™s a little insider tip- weâ€™re giving Mod Podge goodies away all week!!! Come back every day for a chance to win!)
Thanks for reading, but this giveaway is CLOSED. Please read HERE for the winners!
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018