Um, OK. So in the past few days I’ve shared my unabashed love for Mod Podge (satin and glossy), shared my new appreciation for Mod Podge Shimmer and now….buckle your seat belt…there’s GLITTER MP, too!
It has a lot in common with it’s other Mod Podge bretheren. Just to recap:
- Itâ€™s a glue, a finish, and a sealer
- It has a mild, distinctive odor.
- Has a tendency to show brushmarks. (Use a sponge-type brush to help this.)
- Has the viscosity of honey.
- Can be tacky to the touch when it dries. (But a quick coat of clear acrylic spray remedies this.)
- Non-toxic, safe for the kids.
- Works on any porous surface- paper, wood, cardboard, chipboard, fabric, cork, and more!
- Starts off opaque, but dries clear.
I’m guessing I don’t even need to TELL you how great it is to have the glitter built right into Mod Podge- it eliminates a whole step! And the more layers you put on, the greater the glitter-factor. Check out this video to see how it looks on different papers:
Good stuff!! I think Mod Podge Glitter is a MUST for the winter holidays- it’ll be so great for decoupaged ornaments, accents on scrapbook pages, and more! Here’s a wooden star I painted with one coat of Gesso and TWO coats of Glitter MP….
For more about the full Mod Podge line and itâ€™s history, visit PlaidOnline. And don’t forget my gal Amy of Â ModPodgeRocks â€¦sheâ€™s always got great projects up! And sheâ€™s generous, too! Sheâ€™s sponsoring our GIVEAWAY!
Just leave a comment on this post telling us what you would use MP GLITTER on,Â and weâ€™ll draw a lucky winner to receive some GLITTER Mod Podge to play with! Weâ€™ll draw a name on Monday, 10/18/10. (And hereâ€™s a little insider tip- weâ€™re giving Mod Podge goodies away all week!!! Come back every day for a chance to win!)
Thanks for reading, but this giveaway is CLOSED. Please read HERE for the winners!
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017
- Stampin’ Blends from Stamin’ UP Review and Demo - November 21, 2017
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017