In the world of rubber stamping, markers are a hot topic. Alcohol-based markers (borrowed from the fine artists and illustrators) are away of elevating a plain image into something really impressive. At Winter CHA 2011, I ran across the Letraset brand from the UK. They graciously sent me some Promarkers to review so I could give you the low-down.
Here’s some information that I pulled from the website:
So now if you’re convinced that you need to try out Letraset Markers, I know you want to know the shopping low down. Here it is…
- Available singly for about $2 USD each
- Available in 5-color packs, and lots to choose from- brights, autumn colors, skin tones, etc, for between $11-13.00 USD.
- You can find them on Amazon.com and art supply sites.
Just to contrast, Copics run about $5 each and are sold in sets of 12. That can get pretty pricey! And while these are not refillable, I have to say that most crafters won’t ever run out- we simply just don’t use markers that often! (Ok, I know some of you are hard-core marker enthusiasts, but really the re-fill option is for professional artists. Just sayin’.)
Anyway, for the price, you can indulge a little and get a set of 5 to play with for cheaper than a movie. I’d highly recommend them for anyone looking for the versatility and “artsy” effects of an alcohol-based marker (which a very high quality, I might add) but balk at the prices of other, more well-known brands.
I personally can’t wait to try out some other products by Letraset too….stay informed by checking out their FB page & tell them CraftTestDummies sent you! Stay tuned…
Love Letraset? Let me know & leave me a comment!
I hope if you are considering purchasing Letraset Promarkers you’ll use my affiliate links:
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018