In the world of rubber stamping, markers are a hot topic. Alcohol-based markers (borrowed from the fine artists and illustrators) are away of elevating a plain image into something really impressive. At Winter CHA 2011, I ran across the Letraset brand from the UK. They graciously sent me some Promarkers to review so I could give you the low-down.
Here’s some information that I pulled from the website:
So now if you’re convinced that you need to try out Letraset Markers, I know you want to know the shopping low down. Here it is…
- Available singly for about $2 USD each
- Available in 5-color packs, and lots to choose from- brights, autumn colors, skin tones, etc, for between $11-13.00 USD.
- You can find them on Amazon.com and art supply sites.
Just to contrast, Copics run about $5 each and are sold in sets of 12. That can get pretty pricey! And while these are not refillable, I have to say that most crafters won’t ever run out- we simply just don’t use markers that often! (Ok, I know some of you are hard-core marker enthusiasts, but really the re-fill option is for professional artists. Just sayin’.)
Anyway, for the price, you can indulge a little and get a set of 5 to play with for cheaper than a movie. I’d highly recommend them for anyone looking for the versatility and “artsy” effects of an alcohol-based marker (which a very high quality, I might add) but balk at the prices of other, more well-known brands.
I personally can’t wait to try out some other products by Letraset too….stay informed by checking out their FB page & tell them CraftTestDummies sent you! Stay tuned…
Love Letraset? Let me know & leave me a comment!
I hope if you are considering purchasing Letraset Promarkers you’ll use my affiliate links:
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017
- Stampin’ Blends from Stamin’ UP Review and Demo - November 21, 2017
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017