In the world of rubber stamping, markers are a hot topic. Alcohol-based markers (borrowed from the fine artists and illustrators) are away of elevating a plain image into something really impressive. At Winter CHA 2011, I ran across the Letraset brand from the UK. They graciously sent me some Promarkers to review so I could give you the low-down.
Here’s some information that I pulled from the website:
So now if you’re convinced that you need to try out Letraset Markers, I know you want to know the shopping low down. Here it is…
- Available singly for about $2 USD each
- Available in 5-color packs, and lots to choose from- brights, autumn colors, skin tones, etc, for between $11-13.00 USD.
- You can find them on Amazon.com and art supply sites.
Just to contrast, Copics run about $5 each and are sold in sets of 12. That can get pretty pricey! And while these are not refillable, I have to say that most crafters won’t ever run out- we simply just don’t use markers that often! (Ok, I know some of you are hard-core marker enthusiasts, but really the re-fill option is for professional artists. Just sayin’.)
Anyway, for the price, you can indulge a little and get a set of 5 to play with for cheaper than a movie. I’d highly recommend them for anyone looking for the versatility and “artsy” effects of an alcohol-based marker (which a very high quality, I might add) but balk at the prices of other, more well-known brands.
I personally can’t wait to try out some other products by Letraset too….stay informed by checking out their FB page & tell them CraftTestDummies sent you! Stay tuned…
Love Letraset? Let me know & leave me a comment!
I hope if you are considering purchasing Letraset Promarkers you’ll use my affiliate links:
- NYC Craft Shopping and Haul (plus some chit-chat) - August 15, 2017
- DIY Quilled Paper Flower Embellishments - August 11, 2017
- Nine Easy Gel Printing Techniques for Beginners! - August 2, 2017
- Tuesday Morning Craft Haul- July 2017 - July 27, 2017
- Review and Demo of Sign Brush Felt Tip Markers from Pentel Arts - July 22, 2017
- Mixed Media Paper Feathers - July 18, 2017
- Organizing Distress Stain Ink Pads - July 14, 2017
- Review and demo of On Point Glue from Imagine Crafts - July 12, 2017
- Magic-Glos UV Curing Resin by Lisa Pavelka - July 6, 2017
- “Firecracker” Rice Treat Pops - July 4, 2017