This week has been rugged at my house. Hurricane Sandy became a Superstorm right over Ohio and left us with a week of rain, downed trees and…no power. Over the past few days we spent 51 hours without any electricity. But no worries- my house of intrepid crafters turned to Needle Felting Kits by Dimension from EK Success to pass the time!
We all needed someway to pass the time without electricity, so these little kits fit the bill. Each one comes with the instructions, all wool necessary for the kit, a felting needle and block, and even embroidery floss and needle if the design called for it.
Here’s the description on the website:
Dimensions lets you create 3-D characters with our fun needle felting kits—easy enough for a beginner! Bring this pudgy little Character to life using freeform needle felting techniques. Our detailed instructions with photographs and patterns make it easy! Embroidery thread is used to add details. Finished size: 3.5″ x 2″.
This needle felting kit includes everything you need:
• 100% wool roving
• Felting needle
• Felting mat
• Easy step-by-step instructions
NOTE: As this is a freeform project, no molds or stencils are included.
Alrighty then! I enlisted my junior assistants, ages 7 and almost 12 to help out. We followed the directions in the package.
We found the directions to be clear enough to follow, even for the seven-year-old. However, she did encounter some frustration issues, but we worked through them. (After all, this is one of the reasons WHY we do crafts- to problem solve and take measured risks.) My son worked for over an hour on the first day and then got fatigued. However, he was the one who asked to work it on the next day. He also started coming up with ideas for similar projects that he could create on his own! SUCCESS!
On day two, Little Girl and I had finished our projects:
Dear son isn’t quite done with his yet- but he said that the experience was “therapeutic” (all that poking!) and it helped him get his frustration out. And like I mentioned, he’s dreaming up his next project.
So, I have to say these kits went over amazingly well for both my kids. There were moments of frustration which they worked through, they learned a new skill, they even got to be creative and put their own spin on it. Even I was amazed at the enthusiastic reaction when I asked them if they would do another sometime. (Especially my son. Really? Really.) The MSRP on these kits is $9.99 USD, and everything is included- so this would be a FABULOUS holiday gift/ stocking stuffer/ travel-in-the-car project! I see some more of these in my future….
Disclosure: Sample provided for review. Opinions are 100% honest – trust me, you can’t bribe my kids.
If you’d like to purchase Dimensions Needle Felting Kits from EK Success, please support CTD by using our affiliate links:
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017
- Three Washi Tape Card Ideas - October 19, 2017
- Crafty Travel: Inside John Lewis in London, UK - October 17, 2017
- Alcohol Inks on Acetate- Greeting Cards Three Ways! - September 28, 2017
- Digitizing Your Die Cuts with Cricut Design Space! - September 19, 2017