Last April, I reviewed the then-new product by KandiCorp, deColourant. It’s a paste that you paint or stencil onto fabric, apply heat, and then it discharges the color from the fabric. And depending on the version you have, it also may deposit a new color onto your fabric. (Make sure you read that review for comprehensive information.)
During that review, I used a heat tool to discharge the samples and got some iffy results. Since then, the friendly folks from KandiCorp contacted me and let me know that the best tool for the job is really an iron. So in the spirit of “maybe it’s just me,” I decided to give deColourant another spin.
For the following samples, I compared “silver”- which deposits a new color on top- with plain deColourant, which removes the color. I also used stencils for some and foam stamps for others- depending on how you apply the product, you get different results!
So after giving deColourant another go, I can honestly say that YES, it discharged much better with an iron. I also really like the results with a stencil much more than the stamps- but that’s just my preference. Lastly, I am LEAST impressed with the effects on quilter’s cottons from the craft store. (After all, those fabrics are meant to be very color-fast.) And you know, in my last review that’s what I liked best. Who knew?
I love the effects on knits, linens, (swoon) and even the men’s shirting fabric. Can you imagine spiffing up your guy’s plain button-downs with stencils? Swoon.
What would YOU transform with deColourant?
Disclosure: samples provided for review.
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018