According to the website, the Glitzy glitter stack is, “Enjoy glitz and glam galore with the 12”x12” Glitzy Glitter Brights Stack! See the sparkle and shine for yourself in this striking, one-of-a-kind finish. ”
One of the first things I noticed with this stack compared to other glitter stacks is that the glitter finish is smooth. It’s not chunky and it doesn’t flake off like with some other glitter papers. I didn’t worry about it dulling my blades for my hand punches and digital cutters. The paper itself is very nice and thick; almost like a very heavy-weight wrapping paper. Then I thought, as I did with the silky smooth stack, to play a bit! And then I made a discovery… Just like the silky smooth stack, this has an almost plastic coating to it which covers what looks like the traditional white core.
This means your glitter side is going to be non-porous and the white side will be porous. The results are going to be identical as the silky smooth cardstock swatches were. Now let’s play!
Like I said above, this paper reminds me of a heavy-weight wrapping paper. Here, I wrapped a canvas in it and added some simple embellishments with a photo. Since the paper is so fabulously glittery, a little goes a long way!
Here I hand cut and paper-pieced together a quick card. I wanted to try and offset the sparkle with some kraft paper. I really like the effect!
And finally, a little bit of early Christmas; Here I layered 3 different circular shapes, (a wreath, a cd and a mini-disc) and layered circle punches on top of them. A quick and easy Holiday wreath!
I found this stack very versatile. You get three solid and three patterned styles of paper, with four sheets of each, totalling twenty four pieces of paper. It would be great for holiday presents and decor as well as cards and party invitations. You can find this stack, as well as a glitzy glitter neutrals stack at Michael’s stores and other online retailers. What comes to your crafty minds when you see these dazzling papers? Let me know in the comments!
(disclosure: Product samples provided for review.)
- Brand New Tim Holtz & Ranger Ink Distress Oxide Review - April 12, 2017
- Rhonna Farrer Chalkboard Wall Art Tutorial – - December 15, 2016
- Make Distress Paints into MARKERS! - March 15, 2016
- CHA 2016 – Ranger Ink Designer Challenge – - January 16, 2016
- Craft Product Comparison and Overview: Ranger Ink Paints - November 11, 2015
- Product Review: Ranger Ink – Dina Wakley Media Paints and Fine Tip Applicator - August 16, 2015
- Product Review: Dyan Reaveley Dylusions Paints From Ranger Ink - June 9, 2015
- CHA 2015 – Tim Holtz Idea-ology Booth Tour - March 18, 2015
- CHA 2015 – Heidi Swapp Booth and Minc Video - March 13, 2015
- CHA 2015 – Beadalon 3D Bracelet Jig - March 12, 2015