OK, so this is kind of weird- but I wanted to see if the Cricut Cake would cut out bologna & cheese. In other words, something very different from the Fondant and Frosting Sheets that I’d tried out previously.
The good news- cutting bologna and pre-wrapped cheese slices (such a Kraft Singles) proved to be easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy! Really. It was as simple as placing the bologna & cheese onto a lightly-greased mat. (Remember, Crisco is preferred, and it’s really best to apply with a pastry brush.) No chilling was necessary for this at all. SWEET!
Then load your mat & choose your image. I picked the cut cowboy hat from the “Birthday Cakes” cartridge.Then CUT!
Now isn’t that super-cute?? I can imagine serving these at a kid’s party or playdate. I might also cut a round circle of cheese to fit these Archer Farms Sandwich Thins, then place the cutie stuff on top.
Here are a few more images I tried:
So, folks- that’s all to report on THIS topic. Now if Oscar Meyer only made jumbo bologna sheets- ya think we could convince them???
- NYC Craft Shopping and Haul (plus some chit-chat) - August 15, 2017
- DIY Quilled Paper Flower Embellishments - August 11, 2017
- Nine Easy Gel Printing Techniques for Beginners! - August 2, 2017
- Tuesday Morning Craft Haul- July 2017 - July 27, 2017
- Review and Demo of Sign Brush Felt Tip Markers from Pentel Arts - July 22, 2017
- Mixed Media Paper Feathers - July 18, 2017
- Organizing Distress Stain Ink Pads - July 14, 2017
- Review and demo of On Point Glue from Imagine Crafts - July 12, 2017
- Magic-Glos UV Curing Resin by Lisa Pavelka - July 6, 2017
- “Firecracker” Rice Treat Pops - July 4, 2017