Air-dry clays are all the rage right now- I seriously have seen 3 new brands pop up on my table in the last 3 months! But today, I’m going to share my experiences with Crafter’s Clay, the new offering from Martha Stewart Crafts (and produced by EK Success.)
Specifically, I’m going to talk about the Nature Starter Set and the silicone molds I received. Here’s what’s in the Nature Kit:
Here’s how it’s described on the website:
Crafter’s Clay Nature Starter Kit from Martha Stewart Crafts includes everything you need to begin creating beautiful molded embellishments, decorations and more. The air-drying molding compound in non-toxic and dries without baking in 24 hours. Glitter, paint, or seal (not included) your dried clay or leave it natural. Total net weight of clay included is 4.4oz.
But of course, a video is going to tell you a better tale…so I made this one for you!
Now, here are those photos of the finished pieces:
Note that you can, indeed use the molds for items other than air-dry clay. They are substantial enough for molding candy, polymer, even baking. Just not all in the same mold, please! (No, really- once you them for crafts, it’s not recommended that you re-use them for food. Buy a separate set, OK?)
So after playing around with Crafter’s Clay for a bit, I decided to make some lovely leaves. I custom-mixed my color to get this nice sage green. I molded a bunch of leaves…
My finished earrings:
Let’s get to the nitty-gritty, shall we? The Nature Starter Kit was $24.99 USD and the Flower Mold Set runs about $9.00. Just the white clay is about $8.00, and the set of colors is about $10.00. I like that they make the colors and provide a blending chart- it’s so much better than trying to paint the white clay after it’s dried. Leave it to Martha Stewart to bring air-dry clay- formerly a kid’s product- to a whole new, elegant level. I think I’ll be using it for small embellishments instead of resin- and those molds? Well, you KNOW I’ll be playing with those!
Do you think you’d try air-dry clay? Why or why not?
Disclosure: Sample provided for review purposes.
If you are consider purchasing Crafter’s Clay, please support CTD by using our affiliate links: (and it’s cheaper than retail, too:)
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018