Just in time for your Valentine’s Day crafting, I have a fun new gadget for you- the Clover Heart Shape Pom Pom Maker. It looks intimidating, but with a little practice you can make some cutie poms for your sweetie!
I just followed the instructions on the package- the have illustrations, too, to help visual learners like myself. First, wrap the arches with yarn:
Then, close the arches:
Next, wrap yarn around the tool & secure with a single, overhand knot.
Cut in the notches on the left and right, front and back. Four (4) cuts in all.
Then you pull your tails tight- the front and the back of the tool should pop apart- if they don’t you have to pull them apart and then finish the knot. If you DON’T, then you get this (a.k.a. A pile of loose yarn because I didn’t pull it tight–oops!):
But if you pull the yarn tight and knot it correctly, here’s your finished product that just needs a little trimming:
After trimming it up…the finished size is just under 3 inches:
Very cute! Just for fun, I tried it with some fuzzier novelty yarn:
As you can see, the novelty yarn was okay, but it was almost too fuzzy to see the heart shape.Â Next, I tried some crochet cotton:
I wouldn’t recommend this because…
You can see where it’s tied (yuck!).
So here’s the skinny, kittens- for $11.95 USD MSRP, this is super-fun if you have a special project or want to make a bunch. (The small one retails for 11.49 USD.) However, you will have a small learning curve when pulling the gathering yarns and separating the tool. AND, use the cheap yarns- the pom-poms turn out better. (Who’da thunk it?)
I certainly think a heart pom-pom garland is in my future. What would YOU do with it? Is it worth the cash? Weigh in an let me know!
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017