Today I’m sharing my experiences with Claudine Hellmuth Studio Paints made by Ranger Industries. It’s an acrylic paint (water-based), packaged in two ounce jars. Here’s the product description as pulled from the website:
The Claudine Hellmuth Studio line of semi-gloss paint is a collection of 15 highly pigmented, artist quality acrylic paints in her favorite colors!Â Creamy in consistency, they can be mixed together for an endless palette of colors without becoming muddy.Â Use for painting on Claudine Hellmuth Sticky-Back Canvas, paper projects, and more.
â€¢ Acid free, non-toxic
â€¢ Artist quality paint
â€¢ Signature palette, 15 whimsical colors
â€¢ Available in 2 oz. jars
So let’s start right there- with the jar. I LOVE the jar- I can just dip my brush right in and go to town! Most paint is packaged in tubes, which means that you have to pour or squeeze it out onto a surface- which means waste, usually. But with Studio paints, I can just open the lid, use what I need, and close it up. And these stack very nicely on my shelf, right where I can see them. Now, if you need to mix colors, you’ll still need to pour it out on a palette, but forÂ most quick projects, the jar is a plus!
Next, let’s take a look at the paint. I opened the jar and it was very smooth and creamy. Studio paints have a mild odor, but not offensive.Â There is a lot of pigment in this paint, and it’s pretty thick-Â thicker than honey, but thinner than toothpaste. I found that the cotton swab I used to stir it with actually STOOD UP in the paint.
I shot a quick video to give you an overview:
Since you couldn’t see close ups on the video, here are some stills so you can see the detail:
So I’m really enjoying these paints! Creamy smooth, with good body and coverage- just right for paper crafts and mixed-media artwork. And Claudine’s color palette is right on trend. (So far there are 15 colors.) One can only hope that each year she adds a few more!
If you’d like to be REALLY inspired, visit Claudine’s blog, too!
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017