I was looking back through my reviews the other day and realized that I’d never reviewed Armour Etch Cream. I literally gasped out loud. I have use this product for years and yet never gave it a mention- so today is that day!
Armour Etching Cream is the leading chemical glass-etching product on the market. Actually, depending on where you live, it might be the only glass etching cream you’ll ever see on the shelves!
The cream is a thick paste, sometimes with little crystals in it, and a very mild odor. Since it’s a chemical, keep it for adult use only and use precautions not to get it on your skin and NOT in your eyes. But to using it is ridiculously easy: apply your mask or stencil, spread the etching cream on (I like to use a palette knife) and wait about 10 minutes. Rinse with cold water and “voila!”- your surface is frosted!
You can use Armour Etch cream on any glass or mirrored surface. In the above photo, I etched bud vases. Below, you’ll see some mirrors I monogrammed as a hostess gift. (Directions for those are here.)
You can use special stencils for glass etching, but in both of the above samples I cut my own using my Cricut and/or paper punches with craft vinyl. (Read my review of Glue Arts vinyl here.)
I also used Armour Etch Cream for a practical purpose- I wanted to be able to measure 5 oz of wine- so I used painter’s tape to create the line. (I’ll have the full tute later on this week.)
So on the whole, I think Armour Etch cream is super-easy to use, and a quick, creative way to add a little personalization and class to otherwise ho-hum objects.Â Stay tuned for a few fun projects this week!
Want to win some Armour Etch cream to try out? My friends at ConsumerCrafts.com are sponsoring a giveaway! Just leave a comment on this post and you’ll be entered to win a Deluxe Glass Etching Kit, worth $20.00. I’ll pick a winner next Monday, January 31st around noon EST. Good luck!
The Giveaway is now closed. Check HERE to see who won!
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018