If you’ve spent anytime crafting at all, you’ve probably heard of Mod Podge– it a glue, varnish, and sealer all in one. And there are scads of formulations, including shimmer, outdoor, sparkle and fabric. Now Cathie Fillian and Steve Piacenza have come up with some really cool companion products for our tried-and-true crafting staple! Meet “Mod Podgeables” by Plaid Crafts!
Two of the products I’ll be talking about today are the Mod Podgeable Acrylic Shapes and Mod Podgeable papers. I thought it might be easier to show you in a little video. Take a look!
This is such a new product, there isn’t even a link on line yet. But the description on the package o the Acrylic Shapes says this:
Light weight shapes can be Mod Podged front and/or back using Podgable papers and any embellishments. Great for collage are on canvas, mixed media on wood accessories, jewelry and scrapbooking.
So I played with the paper and shapes, and make a few things!
In this first piece, I used Sparkle Mod Podge to adhere some Podgeable Papers to the back of the rectangle Podgeable Shape- then incorporated it into an Artist Trading Card (ATC.)
I decided to try painting some of the Acrylic shapes, just to get a feel for how it worked. I use Martha Stewart Paints (also by Plaid.) Then I decoupaged a photo of a Union Jack:
You’ll notice that when you apply the Mod Podge, it looks milky- but when it dries it will be clear.
Here is another necklace piece I worked up (using a Vintaj brass component.)
Lastly, I used a Podgeable Tag & the keyhole image from the Podgeable paper stack to make a component for a hand made book cover I’m working on:
Here’s the low-down: the Podgeable Acrylic Shapes (which retail for about $5.00 USD) are super-cool for adding that “resin” look to your embellishments with out all the mess and toxicity- and the Podgeable Papers (which retail for about $5.50 USD) are a nice mix of sizes and shapes for your mixed-media cards, collages, canvas, etc. (Even without the Acrylic Shapes!) I’ll be having fun with these products- and I think you will, too!
DISCLOSURE: Samples provided for review. Some links are affiliate links and your purchase will help support CraftTestDummies.com.
PS- there are some new Mod Podge Tool Kits out too- check this link for a YouTube video by Cathie Filian and Steve Piacenza for the low-down on those!
Need some extra inspiration? Read this post from Amy at Mod Podge Rocks!
- Cricut Maker Unboxing, Set Up & First Project Review - September 12, 2017
- Tim Holtz/ Tonic Stamping Platform Review - September 5, 2017
- TouchFive Markers Review and Demo - September 1, 2017
- Marbling Medium from Martha Stewart Crafts - August 29, 2017
- Kit XChange Organization System - August 25, 2017
- NYC Craft Shopping and Haul (plus some chit-chat) - August 15, 2017
- DIY Quilled Paper Flower Embellishments - August 11, 2017
- Nine Easy Gel Printing Techniques for Beginners! - August 2, 2017
- Tuesday Morning Craft Haul- July 2017 - July 27, 2017
- Review and Demo of Sign Brush Felt Tip Markers from Pentel Arts - July 22, 2017