If you’ve spent anytime crafting at all, you’ve probably heard of Mod Podge– it a glue, varnish, and sealer all in one. And there are scads of formulations, including shimmer, outdoor, sparkle and fabric. Now Cathie Fillian and Steve Piacenza have come up with some really cool companion products for our tried-and-true crafting staple! Meet “Mod Podgeables” by Plaid Crafts!
Two of the products I’ll be talking about today are the Mod Podgeable Acrylic Shapes and Mod Podgeable papers. I thought it might be easier to show you in a little video. Take a look!
This is such a new product, there isn’t even a link on line yet. But the description on the package o the Acrylic Shapes says this:
Light weight shapes can be Mod Podged front and/or back using Podgable papers and any embellishments. Great for collage are on canvas, mixed media on wood accessories, jewelry and scrapbooking.
So I played with the paper and shapes, and make a few things!
In this first piece, I used Sparkle Mod Podge to adhere some Podgeable Papers to the back of the rectangle Podgeable Shape- then incorporated it into an Artist Trading Card (ATC.)
I decided to try painting some of the Acrylic shapes, just to get a feel for how it worked. I use Martha Stewart Paints (also by Plaid.) Then I decoupaged a photo of a Union Jack:
You’ll notice that when you apply the Mod Podge, it looks milky- but when it dries it will be clear.
Here is another necklace piece I worked up (using a Vintaj brass component.)
Lastly, I used a Podgeable Tag & the keyhole image from the Podgeable paper stack to make a component for a hand made book cover I’m working on:
Here’s the low-down: the Podgeable Acrylic Shapes (which retail for about $5.00 USD) are super-cool for adding that “resin” look to your embellishments with out all the mess and toxicity- and the Podgeable Papers (which retail for about $5.50 USD) are a nice mix of sizes and shapes for your mixed-media cards, collages, canvas, etc. (Even without the Acrylic Shapes!) I’ll be having fun with these products- and I think you will, too!
DISCLOSURE: Samples provided for review. Some links are affiliate links and your purchase will help support CraftTestDummies.com.
PS- there are some new Mod Podge Tool Kits out too- check this link for a YouTube video by Cathie Filian and Steve Piacenza for the low-down on those!
Need some extra inspiration? Read this post from Amy at Mod Podge Rocks!
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018