Oh, sad day! I just got an e-mail that my new favorite magazine, CRAFT, is dead. The last issue with Amy Sedaris on the cover is the last one they’ll publish. This is a bummer, because I just got a subscription for Christmas!
Here’s part of the e-mail I got..
Lately youâ€™ve been telling us something that weâ€™ve found increasingly true: Do-It-Yourself interests â€“ from tech to fashion, science to crafts â€“ are increasingly converging on the web. Our craftzine.com community is thriving. At the same time, print magazines are facing rising production costs and shrinking ad markets. Therefore, it makes less sense for us to publish two separate print magazines in the DIY space. Craft: Volume 10, our Celebration issue, will be the final issue of CRAFT magazine.…
...We will continue to publish the print version of MAKE Magazine. We will send you an issue of MAKE for every remaining issue you have in your CRAFT subscription. We know youâ€™ll enjoy it. The same editors who work on CRAFT work on MAKE, giving it the same spirit of Martha-meets-MacGuyver innovation and inspiration. Already, over a dozen articles commissioned for CRAFT are destined for future issues of MAKE this year.
They say that they’ll also refund your subscription if you e-mail them at:or by phone at or toll-free at . We’ll see… I asked for a refund.Â I’m just not that into MAKE, it’s a litte too techy for me… I craft it old school, I guess.
Sad day! CRAFT, r.i.p.!
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018