Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017
Did you think I was done with my travel posts? Not yet!
Today we are back in London, with what was actually my first stop- my happy place- Liberty of London.
So..Liberty of London is another large department store disguised as a Tudor boarding school. I joke that it’s Hogwarts for shoppping! Because seriously, it’s beautiful and old and filled with all kinds of wonderful things.
(Note: Expensive, wonderful things.)
It’s located near Oxford Circus, and if you are paying attention YES, it’s pretty close to John Lewis. But it’s oh-so-different! Wooden staircases, open from first floor to top, beautiful old paneling. And a haberdashery floor filled with bespoke needlepoint kits and their own line of fabric.
If you’d like to visit, here’s a map for you. It’s interactive so you can see how to get there from where YOU are.
Let’s start with the video, shall we?
And if you’d like to see those tissue cases…
Now… Sadly I don’t have a technique for you today. I realized I don’t have many sewing tutorials at all! So I’m tinkering with my own tutorial for this project, as I’m still working to perfect the dimensions. One thing I will share- Cotton Lawn is lovely but definitely needs to be stabilized. But I’ll have some more videos for you on this soon. 🙂
In the meanwhile, here’s a tutorial I enjoyed and will be trying out as soon as I get some zippers!
The Crafty Gemini has some LOVELY tutorials and if you are an avid sewist, you should certainly subscribe!
Have a crafty day, y’all!
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018