I recently went shopping for home decor at Marshall’s and found myself in a little teeny tiny craft section- that was PACKED full of good stuff! Want to see?
But… do you ever feel guilty after making a craft haul? I mean, yes, they were all good buys- but there were some things (like the mistable feathers, for instance- that I wouldn’t have purchased if they weren’t on sale. And then I stared to worry that I might just put things away and not use them in the foreseeable future.
So I challenged myself to MAKE SOMETHING NOW. Not just tuck it away for “just in case I might want to use it,” but really use it NOW.
Considering that I’m still on the Operation Write Home card-making binge, that’s just what did.
I cracked open that lovely paper stack and made the “Best Friends” cards using the paper stack, gel pens, stamps, Amy Tangerine stickers, Studio Calico feathers, and embossed with the Inkadinkado clear embossing powder. I even finished with a few accents using those gel pens. (On the one in the lower left I even used a few dots of the glow-in-the-dark paint like a pearl pen, but it didn’t show up well.)
For the Cupcake birthday cards, I only used the paper stack, embellished brads, and gel pens. Kind of lame as far as product usage goes, but I really like the cards.
Bottom line? I asked myself what good is a “haul” if you don’t USE it?? And then I did.
Do you buy things, only to tuck them away for something special and then forget about it? Share your story. I just might pick one comment to get a little package of crafty-leftover goodies if you do!
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018