Ok, there are just a few craft products that I don’t necessarily need to do a full review on, but I want to share with you just because they are favorites of mine. DCWV has this 24 inch sticker paper that is made to go into the Cricut Expression Machine, and it has quickly become a “Craft Fave.”
I received a few samples at CHA last January (2011) and I thought, “Yeah, the paper is nice. DCWV is known for quality and everything, but really? Twenty-four inch paper? Do I really need it?”
Well, yesterday I set about making an art canvas for my niece, and I needed a branch shape. Bazinga! I needed long paper to span the 20″ inch canvas. Now, sure, I could have abutted 2 pieces of brown paper and then found a way to hide the seam….but with 24 inch paper, I didn’t need to!
And then there’s the fact that it’s adhesive-backed. I got my mural pretty much all done, and just peeled the backing off and stuck it to my Mod Podged canvas.
Can you imagine how many favors you could cut from one sheet of paper-and not have to re-load the mat? So yes, the 12X24 inch paper is for die-hard Cricut-eers, and you may not be one of them. (Yet.) But this paper sure is handy if you are!
(Oh and I did cut some of the scraps with a hand punch, so you can use that, too.)
So there you have it- if you are working on big projects, or ones that require BIG shapes, DCWV has you covered.
For more on how to make the art canvas I talked about read my how-to post here.
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018