It’s no secret that I love paper, and pretty paper lines with great embellishments just draw me right in. So you can understand why I got sucked right in by Follow Your Heart: Be Happy line, by My Mind’s Eye, right? It was designed by Rhonna Farrer, whose work I always love too.
I loved all of the pretty embellishments and stamps that came with this line!!
You can see all of the papers and other embellishments from the Follow Your Heart line on the My Mind’s Eye site here. The papers from My Mind’s Eye are great quality and a pleasure to work with. I made three projects with this line to show you.
First, a 12×12 scrapbook page using just paper, the stamps, and a bit of the lovely twine. I love the hexagons so much that I even used some of the product packaging for my photo mat. I also used some gesso with a stencil on the background and misted over it.
Next, I created a 4×6 Project Life type insert, highlighting a visit I’d had from a special little guy. I used several of the button/chipboard embellishments, one of the epoxy paper clips, some twine, and the stamps. I absolutely love how the colors in this line can be used for boy or girl layouts, and the embellishments are just so fun!!
Finally, I created a simple greeting card, using one of the 4×6 transparencies, layering some hand-cut pennant and some of the chipboard and button pieces over the transparency.
This was a super fun line to work with – and My Mind’s Eye never disappoints! Their paper lines are consistently paired with beautiful stamps and embellishments that make putting together layouts and cards so fun and simple. I don’t think you can go wrong with their product lines! They will always have a place in my craft room!
Disclosure: Samples provided for review.
- Craft Product Review: Royal & Langnickel Soft Grip Paintbrushes - September 3, 2012
- Craft Fave: My Mind’s Eye – Follow Your Heart: Be Happy - August 27, 2012
- Craft Product Review: ScrapBands - June 26, 2012
- Getting Inky: A Comparison Of Color Sprays, Spray Inks and Mists - June 14, 2012
- Craft Product Review: Scissor Mouse by Westcott - May 14, 2012
- Craft Product Review: Spectrum Noir Markers from Crafter’s Companion - May 10, 2012
- Craft Product Review: Decou-Page by DecoArt - April 17, 2012
- Craft Product Review: Liquid Pearls by Ranger - April 3, 2012
- Kids Craft Product Review: Glam Art kits by Dot Art - March 15, 2012
- Kids Craft Product Review: Do-A-Dot Art Markers from DotArt - March 12, 2012