A former financial analyst, Sudie Alexander retired from Corporate America to stay home with her small children. Between burps and banishing dust bunnies, Sudie found her joy while crafting. She dabbled in knitting, crocheting, and papercrafts, to name a few. During this time, Sudie met some like-minded creative folks who encouraged her to submit her creations to various publications and one thing led to another. Sudie’s work has been published in books and magazines, shown at craft and hobby trade shows, and featured in stores across the country. But what Sudie is best known for is being a passionate award-winning craft instructor. She loves teaching and sharing her love of crafts with others. Sudie looks forward to being a part of the Craft Test Dummies team.
5 tools or supplies you can’t be without
- kraft paper
- a great black pen
- my ATG glue gun
- wool yarn
- and my bamboo knitting needles
4 words you live by
3 people you’d like to have lunch with, living or dead.
- Stephen King
- Winston Churchill
Name 2 free or really cheap “supplies” you use in your work
Corrugated cardboard boxes and baker’s twine.
What 1 thing happened that made you realize you were a creative person, crafter or artist?
I become a jittery snippy mess if I don’t do something creative often enough, like many people without their morning coffee.
- Pat Catan’s Craft Stores Acquired by Michael’s - February 2, 2016
- Vicki’s CHA Trend Sightings - January 20, 2016
- Vicki’s Favorite Picks from the CHA Top 20 Products - January 10, 2016
- CHA Show 2015: Behind the Scenes with Vicki - January 30, 2015
- CHA Show 2015 – New Jewelry Products to Watch For - January 19, 2015
- CHA Show 2015: Yarnia - January 15, 2015
- Trend Report for 2014-2015 – Home Decor - November 26, 2014
- Review: Stencib Self Adhesive Stencils - May 27, 2014
- Review: Clover Bead Loom Kit - April 29, 2014
- Review: Clover Beading Loom - March 18, 2014