Julie Fei-Fan Balzer is a painter and mixed media artist. She currently authors the “Adventures in Arting” column in Cloth Paper Scissors Magazine, hosts a bi-monthly podcast by the same name, and is the co-host of Scrapbook Soup TV on PBS. She teaches art classes around the world as well as online and through hour-long instructional DVDs. Julie also designs products such as stamps and stencils for the craft industry and consults on product development. She lives in a tiny apartment with a big art studio in the middle of New York City.
5 tools or supplies you can’t be without
- Permanent Black Pen
- Permanent Black Ink Pad
- Hand Carved Stamps
4 photos of your work
3 motifs that appear in your work often
Name 2 free or really cheap “supplies” you use in your work
- deli paper
- book pages
What is your super power?
Super smell. Seriously. I can usually figure out exactly what’s cooking from quite far away.
Find out more about Julie by visiting her blog at Balzer Designs.
- Pat Catan’s Craft Stores Acquired by Michael’s - February 2, 2016
- Vicki’s CHA Trend Sightings - January 20, 2016
- Vicki’s Favorite Picks from the CHA Top 20 Products - January 10, 2016
- CHA Show 2015: Behind the Scenes with Vicki - January 30, 2015
- CHA Show 2015 – New Jewelry Products to Watch For - January 19, 2015
- CHA Show 2015: Yarnia - January 15, 2015
- Trend Report for 2014-2015 – Home Decor - November 26, 2014
- Review: Stencib Self Adhesive Stencils - May 27, 2014
- Review: Clover Bead Loom Kit - April 29, 2014
- Review: Clover Beading Loom - March 18, 2014