Carolina Moore is the creative whirlwind behind 30 Minute Crafts. She creates real crafts in just 30 minutes – many of which look like they would take much longer! She loves chocolate, trying new things, and the smell of summer rain in the desert at night. She loves to sew, and is an accomplished quilter. You’ll never get Carolina to admit exactly how far behind she is on her scrapbooking, but she swears she’ll get caught up someday.
5 ways you stay creative
- Keep crafting – being creative is a muscle that should be exercised regularly
- Stay inspired – seeing what others are up to keeps me wanting to create
- Try new tools and techniques – trying new things makes me happy
- Shop – walking past dollar bins or through a craft supply store always has me reaching for my glue gun
- Challenges – when I’m feeling uninspired, finding a craft challenge online always helps me find my crafty mojo again.
4 words you live by
Work hard, work often.
3 people you’d like to have lunch with, living or dead.
My three Aunties – Helene, Jenny, and Carolien. They are all still living, and all amazing women. They, and my mom, have been an awesome source of creative inspiration my whole life. My Tante Helene is an Artist who lives in the South of France, and creates amazing work in sculpture and Raku. Tante Jenny is a beautiful person inside and out with amazing talents for design, watercolor, and sewing. And Tante Carolien is a force to be reckoned with. There is no project too big for her to tackle… and master!
What 2 things are you not very good at.
I can’t sing. Well, I CAN, but it isn’t pretty. And I’m terrified of Crochet and Knitting. Yarn crafts are my nemesis.
What is your super power?
The ability to go without sleep. Or to go on very little sleep. A couple days a week, I can survive on 3-4 hours of sleep. This helps me get TONS more done while the rest of
the family sleeps. I can’t do it regularly without becoming super crabby, but when I’m working on deadline projects it is a huge help.
- Pat Catan’s Craft Stores Acquired by Michael’s - February 2, 2016
- Vicki’s CHA Trend Sightings - January 20, 2016
- Vicki’s Favorite Picks from the CHA Top 20 Products - January 10, 2016
- CHA Show 2015: Behind the Scenes with Vicki - January 30, 2015
- CHA Show 2015 – New Jewelry Products to Watch For - January 19, 2015
- CHA Show 2015: Yarnia - January 15, 2015
- Trend Report for 2014-2015 – Home Decor - November 26, 2014
- Review: Stencib Self Adhesive Stencils - May 27, 2014
- Review: Clover Bead Loom Kit - April 29, 2014
- Review: Clover Beading Loom - March 18, 2014