A while ago I was browsing on the Elmer’s website and found a cool little tool to help you figure out what kind of Elmer’s adhesive to use. The first thing I thought was: “There oughtta be an App for that!” and lo and behold, 4 months later, here it is- the Elmer’s Glue Guide!
Of course, this app is geared toward Elmer’s products only, but I still think it’s got legs. After all, one of the most frustrating things for a DIY-er or crafter to face is an adhesive that is not the best on for the job at hand. I know that personally I have spent countless hours in the aisles of craft and big-box stores wondering, “But will it work for thus-and-such project?” Well, now I’ll know and save myself the headache.
The app is deceptively simple. You pick your two surfaces that you need to glue together, using the little scroll down feature:
Then all you have to do it tap “Find Product” and your options will pop up for you:
Then, if you need more information, you can look at the product details for each one. What is great about this is that it will indicate the characteristics, description, and instructions for each product! So for example, it will let you know if the adhesive is solvent- or water-based, how to clean up, and if ventilation is necessary. This is a MUST if you are a therapist, teacher, or other professional that deals in healthcare or with children. There are strict guidelines to follow and this app will keep you from choosing the wrong product. VERY helpful!
For me, this is a great tool to have on my iPhone, and I give it the “CRAFT TEST DUMMIES APPROVED” seal!
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018