I spend a lot of time papercrafting, but you may not know that for a while (about 6 years ago) I really only made jewelry and worked with polymer clay. So I was excited to try Artistic Wire Mesh by Beadalon and get back to my jewelry-making roots!
Artistic Wire Mesh is permanently colored copper wire woven into a mesh tube that’s been flattened, and is perfect for many different jewelry and craft fusion projects. Its hollow tubular design can be stretched, condensed, strung on, filled, tied, glued, and more! Fill the wire mesh with shaped pieces of wire, or stretch the mesh to create 3-D shapes. To finish-off Artistic Wire Mesh, crimp it with C-Crimp findings, tie it, or try wrapping it with Artistic Wire. For increased strength, string Beadalon wire through the Mesh and end with a Crimp Bead/Tube, Scrimp findings, or EZ-Crimp findings. Available in 2 widths and in six colors, blister packaged in 1 meter lengths.
So let’s take a closer look. I opened two packs of bright silver in each of the sizes, 10mm and 18mm.
I used my scissors to cut some lengths, and it cut very easily without damaging my scissors. Time to play!
First, I made a necklace from a book I’m reviewing tomorrow. You insert beads into the tube to create a chic necklace.
Because I was on a jewelry tear, I also made a bracelet. This time I pulled the Artistic Wire Mesh out from side-to-side, creating a ruffle. Then I threaded the beads on. (I have a tutorial for this bracelet coming up later this week.)
Lastly, I was having fun manipulating the mesh in a sculptural way. I made a butterfly embellishment to use on a card- which just goes to show you that you could use Artist Wire Mest for papercrafting and mixed-media too.
All in all, Artistic Wire Mesh is fun and surprisingly strong. Even after playing with the same bit of mesh, folding and re-folding, pulling and tugging, it showed no signs of becoming brittle and breaking. I’m sure it would eventually, but it’s very durable for normal wear-and-tear.
As noted above, Artistic Wire Mesh comes in 7 finishes and 2 sizes.
Lots of options! And Artisic Wire Mesh seems to retail for $6.50 USD for the larger size and $4.50USD for the smaller- which is fairly inexpensive for this type of product. I can’t wait to play with it some more! What do you make of Artistic Wire Mesh? I’d love to hear your opinion!
Disclosure: Sample provided for review purposes.
Please support CTD and use our affiliate links:
- Stampin’ Blends from Stamin’ UP Review and Demo - November 21, 2017
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017
- Three Washi Tape Card Ideas - October 19, 2017
- Crafty Travel: Inside John Lewis in London, UK - October 17, 2017
- Alcohol Inks on Acetate- Greeting Cards Three Ways! - September 28, 2017