I spend a lot of time papercrafting, but you may not know that for a while (about 6 years ago) I really only made jewelry and worked with polymer clay. So I was excited to try Artistic Wire Mesh by Beadalon and get back to my jewelry-making roots!
Artistic Wire Mesh is permanently colored copper wire woven into a mesh tube that’s been flattened, and is perfect for many different jewelry and craft fusion projects. Its hollow tubular design can be stretched, condensed, strung on, filled, tied, glued, and more! Fill the wire mesh with shaped pieces of wire, or stretch the mesh to create 3-D shapes. To finish-off Artistic Wire Mesh, crimp it with C-Crimp findings, tie it, or try wrapping it with Artistic Wire. For increased strength, string Beadalon wire through the Mesh and end with a Crimp Bead/Tube, Scrimp findings, or EZ-Crimp findings. Available in 2 widths and in six colors, blister packaged in 1 meter lengths.
So let’s take a closer look. I opened two packs of bright silver in each of the sizes, 10mm and 18mm.
I used my scissors to cut some lengths, and it cut very easily without damaging my scissors. Time to play!
First, I made a necklace from a book I’m reviewing tomorrow. You insert beads into the tube to create a chic necklace.
Because I was on a jewelry tear, I also made a bracelet. This time I pulled the Artistic Wire Mesh out from side-to-side, creating a ruffle. Then I threaded the beads on. (I have a tutorial for this bracelet coming up later this week.)
Lastly, I was having fun manipulating the mesh in a sculptural way. I made a butterfly embellishment to use on a card- which just goes to show you that you could use Artist Wire Mest for papercrafting and mixed-media too.
All in all, Artistic Wire Mesh is fun and surprisingly strong. Even after playing with the same bit of mesh, folding and re-folding, pulling and tugging, it showed no signs of becoming brittle and breaking. I’m sure it would eventually, but it’s very durable for normal wear-and-tear.
As noted above, Artistic Wire Mesh comes in 7 finishes and 2 sizes.
Lots of options! And Artisic Wire Mesh seems to retail for $6.50 USD for the larger size and $4.50USD for the smaller- which is fairly inexpensive for this type of product. I can’t wait to play with it some more! What do you make of Artistic Wire Mesh? I’d love to hear your opinion!
Disclosure: Sample provided for review purposes.
Please support CTD and use our affiliate links:
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017