Craft Test Dummies LLC invites guest & contributors to share their crafty goodness & expertise. If you’d like to write for #TeamCTD, and are up for a twice-a-month commitment, here’s what we are looking for:
- Folks who can WRITE. In English. A blog is like your on-line resume, and we expect #TeamCTD members to have one- and maintain it. Good grammar and spelling are a must, and we encourage our writers to develop their own voices.
- Folks who are CRAFTY. Do you knit? Paper craft? Quilt? We probably have products that can be reviewed by YOU! And don’t worry- we’ll give you a style sheet with step-by-step instructions with exactly what we expect. And you don’t need to be a pro, either. We like crafters with all levels of experience.
- Folks who can take PICTURES. And edit them. Because a picture is worth a thousand words. And a video is worth a thousand pictures…so if you make videos, you’ll have more chances of making the team.
- Folks who CONNECT. We write good, solid content and therefore we ask our team members to share it via Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, and Instagram. (But not necessarily all of them, mind you!)
- Product. I don’t ask you to write about anything that I haven’t given you. Of course, if you are passionate about something you already have, by all means go for it. And I always tuck in extra goodies along with what I ask you to review both to defray the costs of what you might use up at home as well as to say “thank you.”
- Incentives. I offer incentives to #TeamCTD members that get their posts in on time. Right now, this is in the form of gift cards of your choice. Just another way to say “thank you” for your time and creativity.
- Connections. CraftTestDummies is well-respected in the crafting community and there are benefits to both the digital links and the real-life connections to be made. (I took a #TeamCTD member to the Martha Stewart Show with me last year.) This includes the opportunity to go to the Craft and Hobby Tradeshow, and I pick up the hotel rooms.
These are our current contributors, bringing the crafty straight to YOU!
- Haley Pierson-Cox: TheZenofMaking. Haley is joining CTD to report on needle crafts, sewing, and yarn crafting. She will also be the contributing reporter at CHA Summer 2011.
- Sara Carns: Known as @Plainsarajane22 on twitter, this gal is anything BUT! Check her blog , too!
- Vicki O’Dell is known far and wide as the @CreativeGoddess, but around here she will be known as the Book-Reviewing Goddess! Her blog is full of goodness.
- Carolina Moore from 30 Minute Crafts manages to crank out amazing crafts while wrangling her small kids. You’ll love her fun, easy ideas!
- Katie Waltemeyer SweetRoseStudio is our newest member, and she brings an indie perspective with her fresh outlook and designs!
If YOU are a blogger interested in being a contributor (that means submitting articles on a semi-regular basis) or guest-posting, please send me an email at CraftTherapy (at) Gmail (dot) com!
((Please note: if you are retail website, CraftTestDummies can offer you very attractive media packages which may include sponsored giveaways and/or sponsored posts so that we can share your product with our audience.))
Currently, I’m looking for crafty tutorials or reviews on the following themes for the upcoming months:
- September: National Sewing Month
- October: Pink Crafts (Breast Cancer Awareness), Fall Holidays
- November: Fall and Winter Holidays
- December: Winter Holidays, Snow Days
- January: Valentine Crafts, kids crafts
- February: St.Patrick’s Day Crafts, Easter, Spring Crafts
- March: Spring Crafts & NATIONAL CRAFTING MONTH
- April : GO GREEN (Earth Month/Recycle Crafts)
- May: Mother’s Day Crafts, Grad Crafts
- June: Father’s Day Crafts, Grad Crafts, Wedding Patriotic
- July: Summer Crafts, Patriotic
- August: Back to School, Vacation memories
If you are featured on CTD, you’ll get linkbacks to your blogs as well as this nifty button your can use to brag!