Almost as soon as they came out, the question started rolling in: are Zig Real Brush Markers the same as Jane Davenport Mermaid Markers? If I have Zigs, to I need the Mermaid ones? Well, let’s answer that question today!
Disclosure: this post is not sponsored, and I purchased the items for the comparison myself. Some of the links below may be affiliate links, which support free and unbiased reviews/comparisons, and incur no extra cost to you. Thank you!
First, let’s look at the two markers.
Both contained a water-based ink that reacts with water before, during, and after application. This is SO much easier to show you in a video- so here it is!
So… to review:
*Zig are more like traditional markers, and not as vibrant
*Mermaid Markers are more like a waterbrush filled with water based ink with a slight pigmentation.
DO YOU NEED BOTH? Well, maybe! I like the Mermaid Markers as a substitute for pulling out my Koi watercolors and the dilute beautifully so I think they will last a long time- especially if you keep an additional water brush handy!
What about you?
- NYC Craft Shopping and Haul (plus some chit-chat) - August 15, 2017
- DIY Quilled Paper Flower Embellishments - August 11, 2017
- Nine Easy Gel Printing Techniques for Beginners! - August 2, 2017
- Tuesday Morning Craft Haul- July 2017 - July 27, 2017
- Review and Demo of Sign Brush Felt Tip Markers from Pentel Arts - July 22, 2017
- Mixed Media Paper Feathers - July 18, 2017
- Organizing Distress Stain Ink Pads - July 14, 2017
- Review and demo of On Point Glue from Imagine Crafts - July 12, 2017
- Magic-Glos UV Curing Resin by Lisa Pavelka - July 6, 2017
- “Firecracker” Rice Treat Pops - July 4, 2017