Almost as soon as they came out, the question started rolling in: are Zig Real Brush Markers the same as Jane Davenport Mermaid Markers? If I have Zigs, to I need the Mermaid ones? Well, let’s answer that question today!
Disclosure: this post is not sponsored, and I purchased the items for the comparison myself. Some of the links below may be affiliate links, which support free and unbiased reviews/comparisons, and incur no extra cost to you. Thank you!
First, let’s look at the two markers.
Both contained a water-based ink that reacts with water before, during, and after application. This is SO much easier to show you in a video- so here it is!
So… to review:
*Zig are more like traditional markers, and not as vibrant
*Mermaid Markers are more like a waterbrush filled with water based ink with a slight pigmentation.
DO YOU NEED BOTH? Well, maybe! I like the Mermaid Markers as a substitute for pulling out my Koi watercolors and the dilute beautifully so I think they will last a long time- especially if you keep an additional water brush handy!
What about you?
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017
- Stampin’ Blends from Stamin’ UP Review and Demo - November 21, 2017
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017