Almost as soon as they came out, the question started rolling in: are Zig Real Brush Markers the same as Jane Davenport Mermaid Markers? If I have Zigs, to I need the Mermaid ones? Well, let’s answer that question today!
Disclosure: this post is not sponsored, and I purchased the items for the comparison myself. Some of the links below may be affiliate links, which support free and unbiased reviews/comparisons, and incur no extra cost to you. Thank you!
First, let’s look at the two markers.
Both contained a water-based ink that reacts with water before, during, and after application. This is SO much easier to show you in a video- so here it is!
So… to review:
*Zig are more like traditional markers, and not as vibrant
*Mermaid Markers are more like a waterbrush filled with water based ink with a slight pigmentation.
DO YOU NEED BOTH? Well, maybe! I like the Mermaid Markers as a substitute for pulling out my Koi watercolors and the dilute beautifully so I think they will last a long time- especially if you keep an additional water brush handy!
What about you?
- Modern Crafts + Activism - June 22, 2017
- Jewelry Tutorial: Making a Resin Pride Pin - June 13, 2017
- “Distress Oxide” technique using Fireworks Ink Sprays - May 31, 2017
- Coastal Texture Paint Review and Demo - May 23, 2017
- Shell Treasure Box DIY - May 19, 2017
- Last-Minute Mother’s Day Gifts! - May 11, 2017
- Brit & Co Craft Kits Now at Target! - May 5, 2017
- Pebeo Paints Part 2: Fantasy Paints (Prisme & Moon) - May 2, 2017
- Show and Share: Eastern Palace Premiere Bundle from Stampin’ UP! - April 28, 2017
- Pebeo Liquid Oil Paints- Part 1: Vitrail, Opale, and Ceramic - April 25, 2017