Almost as soon as they came out, the question started rolling in: are Zig Real Brush Markers the same as Jane Davenport Mermaid Markers? If I have Zigs, to I need the Mermaid ones? Well, let’s answer that question today!
Disclosure: this post is not sponsored, and I purchased the items for the comparison myself. Some of the links below may be affiliate links, which support free and unbiased reviews/comparisons, and incur no extra cost to you. Thank you!
First, let’s look at the two markers.
Both contained a water-based ink that reacts with water before, during, and after application. This is SO much easier to show you in a video- so here it is!
So… to review:
*Zig are more like traditional markers, and not as vibrant
*Mermaid Markers are more like a waterbrush filled with water based ink with a slight pigmentation.
DO YOU NEED BOTH? Well, maybe! I like the Mermaid Markers as a substitute for pulling out my Koi watercolors and the dilute beautifully so I think they will last a long time- especially if you keep an additional water brush handy!
What about you?
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018