Here’s another post inspired by the “which one is best?” question. I like to stamp images on fabric postcards, art quilts, and even ribbon for paper crafting. So I got to wondering which stamp pad would work best on fabric (providing a nice, clear image) and which, if any, would survive a washing.
The contenders in this comparison are:
- A. Inkadinkado Dye Stamp Pad
- B. Archival Brilliance Dew Drop by Tsukineko
- C. VersaMagic Dew Drop
- D. India Ink Black
- E. Ancient Page by ClearSnap
- F. Memento by Tsukineko
- G. Archival Ink by Ranger
- H. VersaCraft
- I. Staz On by Tsukineko
- J. Distress Inks by Ranger
- K. Color Box by ClearSnap
- L. Powder Puff Chalk Pad by QuickQuotes
Using the same bee stamp by Anita’s Inque Boutique, I stamped each pad on a piece of 100% quilters’ cotton (ivory.) Use the alphabet chart above to reference what ink is which.
After looking at all the samples in natural light, I thought the stamp pad inks that provided the sharpest details and the least amount of bleeding included H) VersaCraft, K) Colorbox, and L) PowderPuff.
However, I note in the photos that J) Distress Ink also looks great!
Then I pressed the fabric with a hot, dry, iron to “set” the inks a bit….and then ran it through a warm water wash, and cold rinse using regular detergent and fabric softener. How did they hold up? Well, take a look:
There was only one disappointment- the A) Inkadinkado sample washed right off. Also, the J) Distress Ink faded quite a bit.
Amazingly, the rest of the stamp pads faired very well!
I’d have to say that the H) Versa Craft Ink Pads– which is labeled for wood, fabric, and paper- was the clear winner- still sharp and vibrant after the wash.
But as you can see, many of stamp pads you probably already have in your craft box- like the Archival Ink pad, Staz On, or Brilliance Ink pads- will also do double-duty on wearable fabric crafts!
There you have it- stamp on with your crafty fabric selves!
- Tuesday Morning Craft Haul- July 2017 - July 27, 2017
- Review and Demo of Sign Brush Felt Tip Markers from Pentel Arts - July 22, 2017
- Mixed Media Paper Feathers - July 18, 2017
- Organizing Distress Stain Ink Pads - July 14, 2017
- Review and demo of On Point Glue from Imagine Crafts - July 12, 2017
- Magic-Glos UV Curing Resin by Lisa Pavelka - July 6, 2017
- “Firecracker” Rice Treat Pops - July 4, 2017
- Dare 2B Artzy Hybrid Stamp Pad- review and demo - June 28, 2017
- Modern Crafts + Activism - June 22, 2017
- Jewelry Tutorial: Making a Resin Pride Pin - June 13, 2017