Here’s another post inspired by the “which one is best?” question. I like to stamp images on fabric postcards, art quilts, and even ribbon for paper crafting. So I got to wondering which stamp pad would work best on fabric (providing a nice, clear image) and which, if any, would survive a washing.
The contenders in this comparison are:
- A. Inkadinkado Dye Stamp Pad
- B. Archival Brilliance Dew Drop by Tsukineko
- C. VersaMagic Dew Drop
- D. India Ink Black
- E. Ancient Page by ClearSnap
- F. Memento by Tsukineko
- G. Archival Ink by Ranger
- H. VersaCraft
- I. Staz On by Tsukineko
- J. Distress Inks by Ranger
- K. Color Box by ClearSnap
- L. Powder Puff Chalk Pad by QuickQuotes
Using the same bee stamp by Anita’s Inque Boutique, I stamped each pad on a piece of 100% quilters’ cotton (ivory.) Use the alphabet chart above to reference what ink is which.
After looking at all the samples in natural light, I thought the stamp pad inks that provided the sharpest details and the least amount of bleeding included H) VersaCraft, K) Colorbox, and L) PowderPuff.
However, I note in the photos that J) Distress Ink also looks great!
Then I pressed the fabric with a hot, dry, iron to “set” the inks a bit….and then ran it through a warm water wash, and cold rinse using regular detergent and fabric softener. How did they hold up? Well, take a look:
There was only one disappointment- the A) Inkadinkado sample washed right off. Also, the J) Distress Ink faded quite a bit.
Amazingly, the rest of the stamp pads faired very well!
I’d have to say that the H) Versa Craft Ink Pads– which is labeled for wood, fabric, and paper- was the clear winner- still sharp and vibrant after the wash.
But as you can see, many of stamp pads you probably already have in your craft box- like the Archival Ink pad, Staz On, or Brilliance Ink pads- will also do double-duty on wearable fabric crafts!
There you have it- stamp on with your crafty fabric selves!
- Stampin’ Blends from Stamin’ UP Review and Demo - November 21, 2017
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017
- Three Washi Tape Card Ideas - October 19, 2017
- Crafty Travel: Inside John Lewis in London, UK - October 17, 2017
- Alcohol Inks on Acetate- Greeting Cards Three Ways! - September 28, 2017