I realized I published this video ages ago, and didn’t share it here. With all my frenzy with watercolor markers- (meaning specifically a pen that has a liquid reservoir in the handle and a brush nib that dispenses liquid watercolor ink when squeezed,) I just had to compare some of the popular brands.
So I dug out the ones I’ve reviewed here before: Nuvo Aqua Flow Markers & Jane Davenport Mermaid Markers– as well as some ones that were newer to me. I picked up the Art-C liquid watercolor markers a Scrapbook.com and (the suspiciously similar) Brea Reece ones on Amazon.com.
All of the products are very water reactive- in other words, they move when exposed to more water. Which makes them fun to blend and move around! They are also great for watercolor cards and washes.
Or for stamping with them- but I’ll get to that next week!
So here are my takeaways:
- Nuvo’s have the most comfortable handle, but you can’t see how much is inside
- Mermaid markers seem to be the most concentrated- almost so much that you will want to dilute them.
- Brea Reece and Art-C are made by the same company, but marketed differently. The color was less intense.
- Mermaid markers are a great price, and you can use a coupon at Michael’s stores to bring down the price even more!
So for my money, I’ll stick with my Mermaid markers, and use my Nuvos with them. I won’t be looking to buy more Art-C or Brea Reece ones.
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018