Disclosure: this comparison is unsponsored and the results of my own first-hand experience with the product. Links below may include affiliate links.
Gelatin printing has become quite the rage with mixed media audiences with the development of commercially-available permanent printing plates, such as the Gelli Arts Gel Printing Plate
and the Stampendous Creative Palette/Monoprinting Plate. But is there really a difference between the two, with the exception of the price tag? I wanted to know!
Here’s what I found out:
So… to recap:
- The Stampendous plate is less expensive: $21 USD verses $28 USD
- The Gelli Plate is moister or more sticky, to allow for a better lift of the paint.
- The Gelli Plate is softer, so that you can get a more detailed print.
For my money- I’ll stick with the Gelli Plate!
Next, I’ll compare “homemade” gelatin printing recipes.
Thoughts or questions, anyone?
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017