Disclosure: this comparison is unsponsored and the results of my own first-hand experience with the product. Links below may include affiliate links.
Gelatin printing has become quite the rage with mixed media audiences with the development of commercially-available permanent printing plates, such as the Gelli Arts Gel Printing Plate
and the Stampendous Creative Palette/Monoprinting Plate. But is there really a difference between the two, with the exception of the price tag? I wanted to know!
Here’s what I found out:
So… to recap:
- The Stampendous plate is less expensive: $21 USD verses $28 USD
- The Gelli Plate is moister or more sticky, to allow for a better lift of the paint.
- The Gelli Plate is softer, so that you can get a more detailed print.
For my money- I’ll stick with the Gelli Plate!
Next, I’ll compare “homemade” gelatin printing recipes.
Thoughts or questions, anyone?
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018