You should know by now that the options for adhesive are almost limitless- wet adhesives, try adhesives, solvent-based, epoxy, water-based, runners, sticks, and of course TAPES. Today I’m going to give you an overview of adhesive tapes that have a release backing, are tissue-thin, and can be ripped with your hands- no scissors necessary. So move over, red-line tape!
We are going to compare three different brands that create similar products- Scor-Tape, Kool-Tak Premium Pro, and iCraft by Therm-o-Web. First, I’ll give you an overview of each brand.
iCraft Adhesive™ is a strong, permanent adhesive with a easy-tear liner! Use it to mount photos, quickly and cost effectively create cards and invitations, attach paper borders, make board books and so much more! The 1 inch core will fit on an office tape dispenser or dowel to create your own dispenser!
Features & Benefits:
1/2 in x 27 yds (12.7 mm x 24.7 mm)
- Strong clear double-sided adhesive tape
- Photo safe & permanent
- Easy to tear liner
- Available in: tape rolls widths of 1/8 in, 1/4 in, and 1/2 in.
- Available in: precut sheet size of 5.75 in x 5.75 in.
- Available in: dots size of 1.5 in and 2 in.
- Proudly made in the USA!
Scor-Tape is an amazing product. It is a premium double sided adhesive, best on the market, acid free, heat resistant and incredibly sticky tape. It is the perfect permanent adhesive for card making, boxes, books and Iris Folding. Much easier to use than liquid glue. It can be used with embossing powders, foils, beads, glitter, ribbon etc. Unlike other tapes, Scor-Tape is paper backed which means you can tear it with your thumb & finger. No need for scissors or blade. Being paper, the backing is eco-friendly. All rolls are 27 yards long, so they are exceptional value. We now carry sizes 1/8″, 1/4″, 3/8″, 1/2″, 5/8″, 1″, 1 1/2″, 2″, 2 1/2″, 5″ and 6″ sizes. See also our 6″ x 6″ sheets and 8 1/2″ x 11″ sheets which are perfect for making die cuts which you can then glitter or emboss.
KOOL TAK Premium Pro Tape – Acid free, multipurpose double-sided very high tack tape. Hand tearable with a silicone paper liner. Use it to bond cardstock, chipboard, corrugated board, wood, glass, metals, acrylic, fabric and more! Cover with glitter, micro-beads, jewellery beads and ribbon. Available in different widths.
I made a little video to show you the three as well as do some sample-testing!
As I mentioned in the video, prices and availability may vary- so make sure you do some comparison shopping! I personally used Amazon.com to get mine, and I’ve included the links for you below.
Have you used this kind of adhesive tape? On what? Which brand do you prefer and why? I’d love to hear from you!
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018