I’m kind of crazy about the new Extra Small Kanzashi Flower Maker Templates from Clover USA. I mean, I loved the large and small templates but I’m a sucker for anything miniature or extra small.
I noticed that Haley is also a fan of them and mentioned them in her CHA Winter 2013: Haley’s Clover USA Sewing and Notions Picks.
When I first started seeing the Kanzashi flowers it never occurred to me how easy they were to make.They can look rather complicated if you haven’t seen them made before. But as you can see in the photo above, step by step instructions are included with each template and they are really easy to make.
I went a little bananas right before Christmas making Kanzashi Flower Poinsettias with little jingle bells in the center. I put them on EVERYTHING!
Here is what the new extra small template looks like next to a large size one.
From the package:
Kanzashi is a traditional Japanese art form of folding and stitching fabric petals for use in beautiful hair adornments.
Suitable Materials for the extra small flowers include; Thin to regular thickness fabric such as cotton, sheetings, broadcloths, silk, thin satin, organdy, and crepe.
I shot this video demonstration while at Winter CHA 2013 in the Clover USA booth that explains more about the Extra Small Kanzashi Flower Makers.
This the dress that Tami mentioned in the video.
If you look at the photo Haley took in the link at the beginning of this post and then at this photo you can see that there were many more flowers added.
You know I had to break out some fabric and try the out the Extra Small Kanzashi Flower Maker for myself. And, as usual, I got kind of carried away making the flowers so I decided to put them on a headband. The flowers were easy but I did have a small problem with the headband. You can head on over to The Creative Goddess blog to see my Kansashi Flower Headband.
You can read Haley’s review of the Clover Kanzashi Flower Makers: Pointed Petal to get even more detail on how the templates work.
If you would like to purchase an Extra Small Kanzashi Flower Maker and support Craft Test Dummies at the same time feel free to use the affiliate link below.
Disclosure: Product provided for review.
- Pat Catan’s Craft Stores Acquired by Michael’s - February 2, 2016
- Vicki’s CHA Trend Sightings - January 20, 2016
- Vicki’s Favorite Picks from the CHA Top 20 Products - January 10, 2016
- CHA Show 2015: Behind the Scenes with Vicki - January 30, 2015
- CHA Show 2015 – New Jewelry Products to Watch For - January 19, 2015
- CHA Show 2015: Yarnia - January 15, 2015
- Trend Report for 2014-2015 – Home Decor - November 26, 2014
- Review: Stencib Self Adhesive Stencils - May 27, 2014
- Review: Clover Bead Loom Kit - April 29, 2014
- Review: Clover Beading Loom - March 18, 2014