Yesterday I shared how you can use little tin pails as party favors– and we’ve got another great favor idea for you today. This craft actually comes to us today from…MY MOM! Yup, even though she denies it, she’s pretty crafty. And when her reunion committee hinted that they wanted some favors for the tables, mom whipped these up in a jiffy!
She started out with these mini Chinese take-out boxes- which are about 3″ and are the “half-pint” size. (They ran about 6 for 1.00 at the local craft store.) Then she used her Cuttlebug to cut the initials of the school and glued them to one side. (It just so happened that the school colors were blue and white.)
For the other side,found a rubber stamp that said “Class of ’10”- but only inked up the “Class of” part. The, she used an embossing pen to write ” ’65” and embossed it with white embossing powder. I TOLD you she was crafty! She did this on the blue cardstock, which she then cut out with her Cuttlebug & Nestabilities dies and glued it on.
She filled each one with some candy, then tied it with ribbons. Each place setting got one of these. I wish I had a picture of the table- I bet it looked great.
So here’s an idea you can adapt for baby showers, wedding showers, reunions, graduation parties- even luncheons or teas! Have fun with it- it’s a great craft and fairly simple, too. Thanks, Mom! : )
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017