Here we are… that season again! Time to share our gifts this holiday with the people we love- and a handcrafted gift is really a gift from the heart! Today I’ll show you how to craft a recycled jelly jar into a sweet hostess gift or appreciation gift with just a few supplies. This one is Christmas-themed, but you could also use different colors for Winter or Hanukkah.
Here’s your supply list: (some links are affiliate links and I keep this site going with those funds.)
- Jelly jars- new, recycled, or thrifted!
- Mod Podge Sheer Tints in your choice of Green, Red, or Blue
- Burlap (recycled or ribbon)
- Jewelry Glue (or other glue for metal/glass surfaces)
- aluminum ribbon or fabric ribbon
- Jute twine
- Holiday Stickers like these: Jolee’s Trees, Snowflakes, Dreidls
Plus you may want to have a paintbrush, freezer paper, and a few clothespins on hand.
I made this video for you to show you step-by-step. It’s only 6 minutes long. You’ll probably need less than a 1/2 hour of crafting time, excluding the time you’ll need for the Mod Podge and glue to dry.
If you aren’t familiar with Mod Podge Sheer Tints, you can find a review of it on CTD here!
I hope you enjoy making these as much as I did! And if you need some more holiday crafting ideas, please check out my Last Minute Ornaments, Post-It Note Holders, Santa Hat K-Cup ornaments, “Surprise” Acorn Ornaments, American Crackers, Peppermint Thins, and Essential Oil Sugar Scrubs!
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017