I stumbled across these books by Marian Berkes and Jeanette Canyon while searching for children’s books that utilize song lyrics- and found Over in the Ocean and Over in the Jungle The words are re-vamps of a preschool song (something about a mother duck, as I recall) and retooled to fit the themes.
What makes the books FABULOUS, however, are the magnificent polymer clay illustrations. Sumptuous. Detailed. Stunning! I can only imagine the zillions of specialized canes it took to make that seahorse!!!!
Now, in the spirit of full disclosure, I do have an affiliate account with Amazon. And I am encouraging you buy it… but really, I don’t care who you buy it from. But if you can, buy it. Because it supports the amazingly talented artist/illustrator who created such magnificent artwork.
It will inspire you…. whether you have little kids in your house- or not.
I’m setting aside extra copies for future nieces and nephews. Because mommies and daddies are nice enough to read to their children deserve great pictures to look at, too.
To read my review of children’s books with fiber arts illustrations, click here.
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018