Sometimes when you are walking around the show floor of the CHA Megashow (this one was held in January of 2016), you find booths that really catch your eye and get you exciting about crafting at a whole ‘nother level. Such was the case at the Chibitronics booth.
Their idea is to integrate STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and math) WITH crafting. I love this concept- getting kids experimenting with making creative things AND feeding their brains with science!
Take a look at the video I created via Periscope:
Chibitronics is an evolution of Jie Qi’s passion for technology and art. As a child, Jie loved arts and crafts. At Columbia University, she studied mechanical engineering, and wanted to combine her love of technology with her love of art and design.
Check out the classroom packs, kits, and more at www.Chibitronics.com, or you can SHOP (affiliate link) for a starter kit with FREE shipping on Amazon Prime right now!
I’ve already shown this to my daughter and she was excited to try it out… and I’m thinking that her entire class would benefit from the creative AND science-learning benefits.
What do you think? Would you give it a go yourself? I’d love to hear from you!
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017
- Three Washi Tape Card Ideas - October 19, 2017
- Crafty Travel: Inside John Lewis in London, UK - October 17, 2017
- Alcohol Inks on Acetate- Greeting Cards Three Ways! - September 28, 2017
- Digitizing Your Die Cuts with Cricut Design Space! - September 19, 2017