Sometimes when you are walking around the show floor of the CHA Megashow (this one was held in January of 2016), you find booths that really catch your eye and get you exciting about crafting at a whole ‘nother level. Such was the case at the Chibitronics booth.
Their idea is to integrate STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and math) WITH crafting. I love this concept- getting kids experimenting with making creative things AND feeding their brains with science!
Take a look at the video I created via Periscope:
Chibitronics is an evolution of Jie Qi’s passion for technology and art. As a child, Jie loved arts and crafts. At Columbia University, she studied mechanical engineering, and wanted to combine her love of technology with her love of art and design.
Check out the classroom packs, kits, and more at www.Chibitronics.com, or you can SHOP (affiliate link) for a starter kit with FREE shipping on Amazon Prime right now!
I’ve already shown this to my daughter and she was excited to try it out… and I’m thinking that her entire class would benefit from the creative AND science-learning benefits.
What do you think? Would you give it a go yourself? I’d love to hear from you!
- Tuesday Morning Craft Haul- July 2017 - July 27, 2017
- Review and Demo of Sign Brush Felt Tip Markers from Pentel Arts - July 22, 2017
- Mixed Media Paper Feathers - July 18, 2017
- Organizing Distress Stain Ink Pads - July 14, 2017
- Review and demo of On Point Glue from Imagine Crafts - July 12, 2017
- Magic-Glos UV Curing Resin by Lisa Pavelka - July 6, 2017
- “Firecracker” Rice Treat Pops - July 4, 2017
- Dare 2B Artzy Hybrid Stamp Pad- review and demo - June 28, 2017
- Modern Crafts + Activism - June 22, 2017
- Jewelry Tutorial: Making a Resin Pride Pin - June 13, 2017