Wait? WHAT??!!! Already???? Yes!
The Craft and Hobby Association Conference and Tradeshow (CHA) is just around the corner- January 12-15 in Anaheim, California. And I’m going with the WHOLE #TeamCTD this year!
I’m so excited! There are tons of amazing things to see; new companies, new products, craft celebrities, designer friends, amazing booths, cool demos….ahhh. It’s like the Oscars of Crafting. And I love it!
There are so many cool events, but here are a few that you’ll want to know about BEFORE I leave on Thursday.
- I’m speaking on a panel on Friday moderated by the amazing writer/jewelry artist Jen Cushman about Design Teams. My role is to speak about “fair compensation” for members. Since I’ve been on, run, and assembled a few of these teams, I’m looking forward to educating craft manufacturers and vendors about some different models.
- I’m judging the CHA Hot 20 again this year. See my post HERE for what products made the list, as well as which ones we’ve already reviewed here on CTD!
- I’m demoing at the Plaid Booth on Sunday from 2-5PM. (If you are coming to the show, swing by to say “hi!” and make some Mod Podged goodness. (PS, #TeamCTD member Vicki O’Dell is, too. )
If you’d like to see some “sneak peeks” of products being released at CHA this winter, Scrapbook Update does an amazing job of compiling those links for you.
And my crafty-cool pal Cathie Filian has compiled a whole list of designers/craft celebs who are doing demos, book signings, and other cool live events. (PS- she and Steve Piacencza are launching a whopping 17 new products at the show- can’t wait to see them!)
SO… I’m about to take the show on the road! Don’t miss any of the fun goodness- #TeamCTD and I will be live-tweeting from the event, snapping pics, posting on FB, and publishing new posts every day of what we saw at the show!
Follow along with us here:
- Twitter: follow hashtag #CHAshow and follow #Team CTD: @CreativeGoddess, @TheZenofMaking, @PollyMarie, @CountryChicCot, @SaraJaneCrafts and of course me- @CraftTestDummy
- Make sure you are following the CraftTestDummie FB page– you can click “subscribe” to that and see all of our posts from the CHA Tradeshow floor!
- CTD YouTube Channel!! We’ll be posting videos here as we make them, but they might not show up on the blog for up to TWO WEEKS. So if you like to be “in the know,” subscribe!
PS- If you’ve never heard of CHA, you’ll want to scroll through the previous posts on CHA HERE. Have fun!
That should keep you updated! Also, if you have any special requests for brands you’d like us to visit, leave a comment below. We’re happy to bring it to you if we can!
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing and Giveaway! - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018