As a first-time attendee to the Craft and Hobby Association Tradeshow, I was told to expect big things. But I really didn’t know how big until I arrived at the convention center to find the that the sign for the event was almost as big as my house. Once I got through the doors, I was blown away by the vast, airy rooms filled to the brim with crafty eye candy.
To keep myself from getting too overwhelmed, I did like I always do: followed the brightest color. And oh, the colors at CHA! To begin with, I found myself unable to resist climbing into I Love to Create’s tie-dyed van. Things only got more colorful from there.
I spent a good chunk of time in the I Love to Create booth, where I visited with one of the sweetest crafters in the biz, Kathy Cano-Murillo, aka the Crafty Chica. She designed this hilarious photobooth!
I perused the exciting new books from Random House/Potter Craft, including Super-Scary Mochimochi by Ana Hrachovec. I think the teeny tiny knitting needles needed to make these adorable creatures are a little scary, but I want to give it a try!
I followed the bold colors of Gretchen “Gertie” Hirsch to the Butterick booth, where I got myself a shiny new signed copy of her book, Gertie’s New Book for Better Sewing.
In other color news, Lion Brand has some new neon colorways that got me very excited, and I can’t wait to return tomorrow to find even more creativity and color at CHA!
- Craft Product Review: Shiva Artist’s Paintstik Oil Paints - August 20, 2013
- Craft Product Review: Helmar Decoupage and Craft Paste - July 11, 2013
- Craft Product Review: EnviroTex Jewelry Resin - May 16, 2013
- Book Review: Practical Origami: Folding Your Way to Everyday Accessories - April 4, 2013
- Book Review: 101+ Things to do with Glitter by Momtaz Begum-Hossain - March 13, 2013
- SEI Color My Own Iron-On Transfers &Tumble Dye - February 26, 2013
- CHA Winter 2013: A Color Explosion #CHAshow - January 13, 2013
- Craft Tool Review: X-ACTO Z-Series Blade - November 29, 2012
- Craft Tool Review: Sizzle Dual Temperature Craft Iron - October 31, 2012