“WOW!!!”Â That’s the one word that I can use to describe my first day at CHA (Craft and Hobby Association).Â Ok, ok… there are some more words I can use to describe CHA…
When I first walked in with fellow Craft Test Dummy, Jen Clark, I wouldn’t say I was overwhelmed, but I was definitely in shock and awe mode. There are between four and six miles of pure crafty goodness displayed in the most amazing booths all over the Anaheim Convention Center.Â Every where I looked were beautiful new products and craft celebrities from every walk of creativity.Â Jen showed me the ropes of the floor and how to get around.Â Once we got in and started we didn’t stop!Â Walking and talking is the name of the game here!Â And when I say walking, I mean WALKING.Â I thought I’d be all cute and wear adorable shoes.Â Not a good idea.Â I repeat again…. NOT A GOOD IDEA.Â I managed to muddle through the day, but by its end, I was ready to get back to my hotel and soak my feet!Â Not to mention I had been awake since almost three a.m. to get on my plane and get straight to the convention!Â But every little bit of it was worth it!Â I might be tired and sore but I am so happy, I’m still floating on cloud nine.
One of my favorite products and booths of the day was Lawn Fawn.Â The owner Kelly has to be one of the sweetest people I have yet to come across on the floor.Â I honestly could have stayed and chatted with her for hours, but they were already turning the lights out on us!Â Lawn Fawn has beautiful 12×12 scrapbooking papers, as well as smaller pads for card makers as well as AMAZING cling-mounted stamps!Â Kelly asked me which ones I liked the most and it was so difficult to choose!Â This is one booth I’ll be visiting again tomorrow, even if it’s just to say hello to Kelly again for being such a sweetheart!Â Here are some photos:
(I apologize for some blur, they were shutting the lights off on us on the floor!)
Well folks, keep coming back daily to Craft Test Dummies for the best CHA updates! I can’t wait to see what the next two days bring!
- Brand New Tim Holtz & Ranger Ink Distress Oxide Review - April 12, 2017
- Rhonna Farrer Chalkboard Wall Art Tutorial – - December 15, 2016
- Make Distress Paints into MARKERS! - March 15, 2016
- CHA 2016 – Ranger Ink Designer Challenge – - January 16, 2016
- Craft Product Comparison and Overview: Ranger Ink Paints - November 11, 2015
- Product Review: Ranger Ink – Dina Wakley Media Paints and Fine Tip Applicator - August 16, 2015
- Product Review: Dyan Reaveley Dylusions Paints From Ranger Ink - June 9, 2015
- CHA 2015 – Tim Holtz Idea-ology Booth Tour - March 18, 2015
- CHA 2015 – Heidi Swapp Booth and Minc Video - March 13, 2015
- CHA 2015 – Beadalon 3D Bracelet Jig - March 12, 2015