Today was my first day the the CHA Winter Show- and, after hugging, like 20 people and catching up, my first CTD event of the show was attending the Innovations Showcase “Hot 20.”
The Innovations showcase is where the industry submits new/updated products for the press to get sneak peek, as well as a one-minute “speed dating” description. It’s a great place to see what is new and noteworthy!
I was impressed with quite a few new products- including the lovely “Babyville Boutique,” a line of baby sewing notions and fabrics from Prym, new Stick-On Artist’s Canvas by Duro Art, and the Craft Geek Pin It by Purple Cows. (And yes, we have already reviewed it on CraftTestDummies.)
But the three that caught my eye tonight, in no particular order, were….
The Cutting Edge Clear Rulers by Sullivans are an amazing innovation- the metal strip along the edges not only protects the acrylic from chipping, but also sharpens your rotary cutter each time you use it! Brilliant.
The Tulip ScreenIt All-in-One Screen Printing System allows you to make your own screen prints at home- with any image you like- using pre-emulsified screens. They say it’s 70 percent faster than other screen printing systems (15 minutes to burn the screen, versus 1.5 hours.) AND you can use the same screen over 70 times. I’m really interested to see how it works at CTD WHQ!
Prima Marketing is expanding their line of papercrafting tools with the Prima Press. It’s a gizmo that has a letters and numbers, and you plug them into the base tool like Legos! You can made any word/sentiment you like. I think that’s darn handy!
I love a good kid’s craft, and this year my eye was drawn to Crafty Bands by Epiphany Crafts. They’ve come up with a new size of epoxy buttons, and these clip into soft bands in bright colors. Now your kids can make customized bracelets and trade buttons, too. I can see my 11 year old sporting one of these in Manchester United red-and-gold, with his favorite soccer players.
Now, I’m also very intrigued by the eBosser by Craftwell and Cool 2 Cast Fiber Plaster made by Yaley Enterprises- but I haven’t seen a demo of those yet. But the show is just beginning- there will be so much more to see tomorrow!
If you haven’t already, make sure you read my CHA preview post to see what else I’m looking forward to!
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018